• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CASE 680H Cranks but thats it...

OVERTORQUED

Occupation
Vintage Restos & occasional Tractors
No i didnt... What should the pressure be? By the way, thats not fair...it looks like yours is out of the tractor and clean, lol.:)

Last edited:

OVERTORQUED

Occupation
OVERTORQUED ; Did you check the transfer pump output pressure while turning the engine with the starter ???? The one in the photo.
With the electric pump we have installed between fuel tank and lift pump, we have 6-7 lbs with the electric pump on coming out on output side of lift pump. While cranking motor, pressure bounces between 25-30 lbs on the output side of lift pump. Only reason we are running the electric pump with external fuel tank is because fuel is contaminated in tank with water. (Replaced both filters and purged lines of bad fuel and took lift pump apart and cleaned everything out and put back on.) Electric Pump is rated at 35/gal per hour.
The owner bought some time with county i think, so we are still hammering away on this thing (with you alls help) with intention of getting it running. Its not ready for the wrecker quite yet.:)

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
That's decent pressure to run..
NOW.. check to see if its making its way TO the inlet side of the injection pump.. fitting on the right.. loosen the line and crank it over.. if fuel squirts out.. GOOD..
NOW.. go to the other fitting, on the left.. the overflow valve.. is fuel squirting out there, when you crank it over ?? IF YES,, GOOD..
NOW loosen the lines AT THE INJECTORS and crank the engine.. wait for the fuel to squirt out and tighten..
MAKE SURE the shut off lever is in the run position..
IF I have to type this out AGAIN.. I'm gonna find out where this equipment is and fly down and get it running my damn self.!!!! LOL
Now get to work..!!! lol

OVERTORQUED

Occupation
Yes, yes and im working on getting to injector part again now. Will make sure lever is in run position, again, and let you know what happens. Still laughing after reading that one, at this point i really wouldnt mind ya doing it for me! But seriously, i did read your previous posts and do appreciate the help. Just a little chaotic here. Im on it!

OVERTORQUED

Occupation
Must still have a gang of air in the lines. Or something. It's raining here again so time to go get muddy and hope something different happens after we bleed these lines again.

OVERTORQUED

Occupation
That's decent pressure to run..
NOW.. check to see if its making its way TO the inlet side of the injection pump.. fitting on the right.. loosen the line and crank it over.. if fuel squirts out.. GOOD..
NOW.. go to the other fitting, on the left.. the overflow valve.. is fuel squirting out there, when you crank it over ?? IF YES,, GOOD..
NOW loosen the lines AT THE INJECTORS and crank the engine.. wait for the fuel to squirt out and tighten..
MAKE SURE the shut off lever is in the run position..
IF I have to type this out AGAIN.. I'm gonna find out where this equipment is and fly down and get it running my damn self.!!!! LOL
Now get to work..!!! lol
Feel like a plane ride? Lol. You were right, it started and ran the best ever, but only for about 15 sec. Repeat steps again? Still air in the system? Or... Tractor boneyard.

partsandservice

Just trying to come up with something that has not been mentioned yet. When you pump the hand primer pump does it leak fuel, it appears to be wet in your pictures, if it does then that would be where the air is getting in the system.

OVERTORQUED

Occupation
Just trying to come up with something that has not been mentioned yet. When you pump the hand primer pump does it leak fuel, it appears to be wet in your pictures, if it does then that would be where the air is getting in the system.
When you tighten it down does it seal it off? Or it would still suck air? The primer pump does seem like it has bad seal. But it did run before so....

OVERTORQUED

Occupation
I repeat RETURN LINE!!,, RETURN LINE TO TANK,, will not run if not returning or wasting fuel from last injector
The fuel is returning to tank. Clear line, i can see it. Its not plugged.

Last edited:

OVERTORQUED

Occupation
I would say your on the right track. Keep chipping away at it. ;)
If its the right track... My god how long is it? Cause it seems like ive been doing this for two weeks straight. (Whine,whine):)

partsandservice

If leaks when you pump it , it will not seal off when you tighten it. This is probably your issue. It is sucking air. Replace or remove it and plug it off.

OVERTORQUED

Occupation
If leaks when you pump it , it will not seal off when you tighten it. This is probably your issue. It is sucking air. Replace or remove it and plug it off.
Cut it apart and put a couple o-rings in it and it sealed much better and tractor ran for a minute. Think it's still leaking though so going to look into maybe replacing.
Appreciate all you alls input on this... Tractor gurus.:)

Tinkerer

Cut it apart and put a couple o-rings in it and it sealed much better and tractor ran for a minute. Think it's still leaking though so going to look into maybe replacing.
Appreciate all you alls input on this... Tractor gurus.:)

Cut it apart ??? Hmmmmm.
There are a lot of online vendors that sell new cartridges for your injector pump. You need Case cartridge # 278866A1. The copper washer and gasket are sold separately. About $40.00 for everything.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
I NEVER liked running an "electric" pump thru the manual pump.. without taking the valves out of the manual pump 1st..
What you could do is.. plumb the electric pump DIRECTLY into the inlet of the injection pump.. you'll have to change the fitting on the inj. pump probably to fit the electric pump.. that would by-pass any air getting into the inj. pump from any fittings or hand primer..
Just a straight in, from a bucket of fuel.. and you could run your return back in the same bucket.. by-passing all filters and restrictions..