• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Thunderbird Yarders, Loaders, and Etc from the Murray's in Eugene Oregon

Rusty Grapple

Vintage Thunderbird Ads

I scanned these for another project but thought you guys may enjoy them- May 1978 magazine ads.

Attachments

• 1978 Thunderbird Ad PSY-200 - RG.jpg
    1978 Thunderbird Ad PSY-200 - RG.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,828
  • 1978 Thunderbird TMY-45 RG.jpg
    1978 Thunderbird TMY-45 RG.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,919

Rusty Grapple

Pierce PSY-200

February 1978 full page color advertisement featuring the new Pierce PSY-200.

Attachments

• 1978 Thunderbird PSY-200 Ad -Feb 78- RG.jpg
    1978 Thunderbird PSY-200 Ad -Feb 78- RG.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 1,950

JustLogIt

We recently picked up a TMY 50 and really like the machine.

I have a question about the controls: On the left side of the dash, there is an air "flipper" switch. It is right below the lever that switches from yarding to traveling. It looks exactly like the switch they use for setting all drum brakes at same time.

Hoping someone can save me the trouble of tracing air lines to see what this switch is for.

Roadswitcher

We recently picked up a TMY 50 and really like the machine.

I have a question about the controls: On the left side of the dash, there is an air "flipper" switch. It is right below the lever that switches from yarding to traveling. It looks exactly like the switch they use for setting all drum brakes at same time.

Hoping someone can save me the trouble of tracing air lines to see what this switch is for.

You are correct - as I remember, all drums except strawline. Do you have the #no.

JustLogIt

Sorry about the confusion. The switch I'm talking about looks exactly like the "all brakes" switch, but it isn't that switch. I do have an "all brakes" switch, but it is located closer to the haulback control. The switch I'm talking about is right under the yard/travel selector. I'll try to remember to get a picture and serial number today.

Roadswitcher

Flipper Switch

That's interesting - I don't remember the extra flipper switch in that left dash area of the 50/70's I worked on but I have just found an old hand sketch diagram that includes the switch that you describe. In that area there should be five drum maxis, a travel maxi, drum/travel switch and an emergency steering toggle switch. I notice in this rough diagram there appears to be one maxi missing so am wondering if the extra flipper is in loo of it. I thought I had a pic of the dash somewhere but can't find it - might jog my memory when I see your pics.

JustLogIt

Kind of hard to see, but in the lower left corner is the mystery switch. It is below the yard/travel control and the left of the throttle. The "all brakes" flipper switch is up under the 4 maxi controls.

yardercontrol_opt.jpg