• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Thunderbird Yarders, Loaders, and Etc from the Murray's in Eugene Oregon

prolog nz

This T-bar setup with 2 blocks is used by most swing yarder crews in NZ

Real nice looking 255 you have log frog. Where are you logging? I see the grapple in the pic do you grapple much?

csquared

looks good log frog! 330 looks good, cleaned up well! bout time you got a Canadian on the crew again!

How is the thumb!

Modunkel

Occupation
Logger
6250 was sold as a better interlock design with helical cut gears which were quiet and stronger. But I've heard it's not a true interlock system and honestly with a small machine why would you care to use it. T bird made the 155 with I think a 60' boom and a side by side interlock drum system which I have heard was a great machine except for line capacity. The 155, 6250, 120 are newer gt3's for ten times the money lol. I spent a day with Harv at bighorn a few years back and watched that 6250 work, nice machine but they claimed it was too small. I also got to tour the madill shop just after they bought t bird and they had just refurbished a nice 155(the only yarder at the whole facility).

JeremyM70

Occupation
Electronics Tech
So I'm watching Axmen, yes can't help myself, honestly its just to see the equipment. Anyway looks like the outfit out of Montana has a small T-Bird swing yarder, looks like a TSY6140SLR. Am it right?

NZLOG

Occupation
Logger
Looks good Log frog, how have you found the machine so far? Have you flowen the grapple yet? Also is the machine full automatic or do you have to select your gears like the other birds? Is the machine spec for 7/8 swage mains and tail?

NZLOG

Occupation
Logger
Just gone back threw this thread and found the line size 7/8 with the option of a standing skyline.. nice.

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
So I'm watching Axmen, yes can't help myself, honestly its just to see the equipment. Anyway looks like the outfit out of Montana has a small T-Bird swing yarder, looks like a TSY6140SLR. Am it right?

I have to admit that I watch it to, I like Shellby and his Looney Tunes antics!

I do think your right about that yarder. The first episode that they walked the yarder in I belive I saw 6140 on the boom. I like how they tape over the machine names, and model numbers. Even the LOGGER AND PROUD OF IT stickers the Pihl, I mean Big Gun guys have on their hard hats.

lg junior

Here's a little Thunderbird taking a break.

photo-1-8.jpg

photo-5-1.jpg