• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

some work pictures

TOM V

Occupation
Mechanic, Welder, Office work ect.
Hey Tom how do you charge for your line boring is it $95/hr plus a boring fee or do you do a lot by the hole as a flat rate ?
I have been trying to do as much as I can by the hole as long as I have done that particular job before. It also helps that our local cat dealer will give a flat rate for a paticular hole on any cat machine, I try to stay at about 75% of there price.

Cowman, I charge line boring by the job, for example 330 end of stick $1000.00 plus travel. I was always less than the dealers seems they have dropped their boring prices in the last few years.

TOM V

Occupation
Tom great stuff what stick is that on your truck. I do line boring my self have the 308 using york bars climax feed and spinning it with hydraulic motor. Are you in brs add? Great work most interesting.

Thanks, the crane is a 14k lb FETERL and yes I was in the add back in 1999-2000.

TOM V

Occupation
This is really bugging me, did the owner mean to paint his end dump like the french flag? Anyway, good work as always Tom. When i grow up i want to weld like you.

The trailer was built for some one that did not take it and my customer got a deal on it.

Occupation
Heavy Duty Equipment Technician
Tom V your work is amazing. I am an apprentice and I have been following your thread for some time now and mechanics like you are a dying breed.

FSERVICE

tom I was starting to wonder bout u, hadn't saw any pics lately from u!! glad to see that you don't have any snow on the ground now:) hows work there? Iv been very busy here, finally got some good jobs going around here:)

TOM V

Occupation
tom I was starting to wonder bout u, hadn't saw any pics lately from u!! glad to see that you don't have any snow on the ground now:) hows work there? Iv been very busy here, finally got some good jobs going around here:)

I am very busy myself, hope it stays this way for a while.

dppmfg

Occupation
owner www.dppmfg.biz
Must b in the air today swapped the same bushings on a jd hoe today the whole time while pumping the cylinder by hand asking myself why i didnt buy a air over hydraulic pump for my truck. Do enjoy seeing the pics of your work. Thank you for sharing.

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
That's getting your monies worth out of that idler Tom! - I hope they are replacing more than just the idler? It all looks pretty sad, even in the pics.
On the last pic with the KX101 - that is in interesting looking hammer on the back of your truck, never seen one like it before, or is it just a pin laying on the tray behind a hammer?

TOM V

Occupation
That's getting your monies worth out of that idler Tom! - I hope they are replacing more than just the idler? It all looks pretty sad, even in the pics.
On the last pic with the KX101 - that is in interesting looking hammer on the back of your truck, never seen one like it before, or is it just a pin laying on the tray behind a hammer?

The D5 needs a complete bottom, but only installed an idler, the hammer is called a knock out punch or back out punch, they are quite handy, I have a few different sizes.

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
hey tom, is that a c-clamp you use to hold the idler wheel?