• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

some work pictures

TOM V

Occupation
Mechanic, Welder, Office work ect.
Thanks guys, here are a few pics from today.
IMAG0337.jpgIMAG0340.jpgIMAG0342.jpgIMAG0343.jpg

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Nice torch cut work Tom. I have to ask, is that from a torch jig or from a tip guide straight edge?

TOM V

Occupation
Willie, I cut the 24x32 rectangle out of the sheet with my track torch, the rest of the cuts were done with a hand cutting torch and magnetic combo square.
IMAG0344.jpgIMAG0345.jpg

siduramaxde

Tom, I assume that the smaller triangle pieces were used as gussets going from the lower part of the hitch back up to the frame? Looks like the whole truck is getting the frame painted. Looks real good. Your fab skills are top notch.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I really like that magnetic combo square. :yup

Sadly, I don't have a track torch, but much like your square I typically use a piece of 1/2" x 2" cold rolled flat bar as a tip guide. That's some nice torch work you got there. :cool:

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
someone who knows what they are doing should remove that left rear air can and disable it before "the new guy" takes that top clamp off the spring brake and loose whatever body part is close, i have seen the results of this........theironoracle

oarwhat

to the Theironoracle question why would "the new guy" remove that clamp? I don't get it? I know all about spring brakes but why remove the clamp? Thanks Randy

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
just saying its the responsibility of us more experienced people to keep "the new guys" from getting injured on the job. things like this spring brake can that has been outlawed with the removable clamp on the "spring" end of the can is our responsibility to inform the "new guys" of, or just disable it to lessen the possibility of injury for others. just an observation.........theironoracle

curb guy

Tom, I just purchased my first rolls of dual-shield wire from a freind that did not know what he had.He thought they were regular flux-core.They're Hobart fabco rxr .045. My question is, how does dual-shield wire run going vert. up?Having no experience with this wire,any tips you could give me would be a big help!Also where did you get that awesome magnetic square?I HAVE TO HAVE ONE!!
Thank you!

Coondog

I second the vote that tom v gives us a walk around and shows us more pictures of his truck and how he has his tools set up and how each compartment is utilized. Full disclosure. When he has time of course. He is a busy guy it seems. Nice work Tom. I bet you have plenty of satisfied customers.

curb guy

I second the vote that tom v gives us a walk around and shows us more pictures of his truck and how he has his tools set up and how each compartment is utilized. Full disclosure. When he has time of course. He is a busy guy it seems. Nice work Tom. I bet you have plenty of satisfied customers.

I second the request for a tour of the truck.I would love to see how Tom,and others for that matter,have their trucks laid out.I've gotten some really good ideas from seeing how others have set up their trucks.

TOM V

Occupation
Tom, I just purchased my first rolls of dual-shield wire from a freind that did not know what he had.He thought they were regular flux-core.They're Hobart fabco rxr .045. My question is, how does dual-shield wire run going vert. up?Having no experience with this wire,any tips you could give me would be a big help!Also where did you get that awesome magnetic square?I HAVE TO HAVE ONE!!
Thank you!

I don't know how that Hobart wire runs out of position but I can tell you the Lincoln ultracore that I use freezes faster than the Esab 7100 ultra I used to use, they both run good verticle up if you keep a short arc length. The combo square is manufactured by Cruise Industrial Controls, I have not seen those around for quite some time.

TOM V

Occupation
A few shots from today, a 550G needs some undercarraige work.
IMAG0348.jpgIMAG0349.jpgIMAG0351.jpgIMAG0352.jpg

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
The combo square is manufactured by Cruise Industrial Controls, I have not seen those around for quite some time.

And I bet if you ever lost that thing that I'd hear ya cussing plum down here in TN. :yup

curb guy

Thanks for the info,Tom.It just so happens that I actually found a retailer for those mag-tri-squares.McMaster-Carr.Thought I'd put that out there,in case anyone else just has to have one,like me.