• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

crane operator

Those are great pictures of that heavy move. That's a pretty specialized rig.

Here's the version from over 40 years ago (at auction from ritchie bros):

https://www.rbauction.com/1971-HEND...edium=display&utm_campaign=criteo-retargeting

1971 Hendrickson Prime Mover

Probably aren't going to find many interior parts on anyones shelf for this thing. Looks like she's made to carry a load. The sale site says automatic, but that looks like a aux transmission with a top box for the winch in one of the pictures, must be after the auto.

That is a good sized winch on the back too.

hedrickson heavy truck.jpg hedrickson heavy truck2.jpg hedrickson heavy truck3.jpg hedrickson heavy truck4.jpg

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
Rats... I would have come down to see part of that move, I see they did use the Clyde route. I do remember there is a big gasline along the river across those RR tracks, the elevator to the north only allowed loaded trucks in or out in one spot they had reinforced over the pipe. I'm betting that boiler will be gas fueled from that line.

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
I hauled many a boiler for Victory Energy. Their main shop is in Collinsville, OK. They do a lot of rail too. Often the boilers are heavy to one side so they have to counterweight the rail car so they can set the boiler centered enough to meet width restrictions.

I have quite a few pics of their boilers on my iron.....on my old phone. Got a new one Sunday and haven’t gotten everything transferred. I’ll see about posting a few....assuming I remember lol

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
That Hendrix appears to have a Dodge Power Giant cab, ( 4x4, 1958-1960). Cab interior parts should not be real hard to find. The rest of the unit looks like it would be pretty hard to maintain now.

Truck Shop

Rats... I would have come down to see part of that move, I see they did use the Clyde route. I do remember there is a big gasline along the river across those RR tracks, the elevator to the north only allowed loaded trucks in or out in one spot they had reinforced over the pipe. I'm betting that boiler will be gas fueled from that line.

They didn't have clearance to move and by 10:45 they were nearing the end of the window. At the last minute they got it I thought about calling you but if they didn't get a go ahead
it would have been a wasted trip for you.

I hauled many a boiler for Victory Energy. Their main shop is in Collinsville, OK. They do a lot of rail too. Often the boilers are heavy to one side so they have to counterweight the rail car so they can set the boiler centered enough to meet width restrictions.

I have quite a few pics of their boilers on my iron.....on my old phone. Got a new one Sunday and haven’t gotten everything transferred. I’ll see about posting a few....assuming I remember lol

I talked to Jeff from Victory Energy but I couldn't remember the name of your company-Circle V? He rattled off about eight large movers in the Tulsa area.

Truck Shop

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Circle V was owned by a friend of mine. It was bought out maybe 10 years ago by a big group in IA. Mine was Sooner Heavy Haul. I was good friends with Jeff, he left Victory for a while, his brother owns it, and while he was gone I ended up having to sue them. He came back in the middle of it and it was obvious where his loyalty was. There were hard feelings after I won :cool:

Truck Shop

Jeff was kind of a arrogant individual. He was sort of telling me about how things worked in Wa St
and this county and I mildly corrected him, he stopped talking to me and sat in his pickup.

Truck Shop

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
That Hendrix appears to have a Dodge Power Giant cab, ( 4x4, 1958-1960). Cab interior parts should not be real hard to find. The rest of the unit looks like it would be pretty hard to maintain now.
Nope, International "Fleetstar" cab there. Similar to the early 70's IH pickup cabs, I hated those trucks... Doors cracking out around the latches and hinges, the window regulators were junk, as was the internal door latch linkage. And whoever dreamed up the 3 point cab mount must have smoked quite a bit of recreational herbiage. When you made hard corners the cab would list about 20 degrees to the outside of the turn. Made the mirrors kind of useless.
The Dodge cab would have a wraparound windshield with cutouts in the doors like a '56 Ford pickup.

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
They didn't have clearance to move and by 10:45 they were nearing the end of the window. At the last minute they got it I thought about calling you but if they didn't get a go ahead
it would have been a wasted trip for you.

Truck Shop
I kind of figured you would call when it was set in stone. But I understand the last minute clearance thing too. It's been a crazy week for me anyways, first hay cutting is going strong. The growers have been slamming me with equipment, and the truckers want to be ready to haul.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
That Hendrickson cab to me appears to be Harvester Fleetstar series. Do not remember them using Dodge cabs.

A great deal of that size boiler in the 70's were constructed at site and the main weldments shipped individually. That made for some tense moments on initial startups!! I ran a 100,000 lb/mass/hr fuel oil fired monstrosity at the nuke for an auxiliary steam supply system, Babcock and Wilcox unit, pushed too hard would vibrate the floor.

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
That Hendrickson cab to me appears to be Harvester Fleetstar series. Do not remember them using Dodge cabs.

A great deal of that size boiler in the 70's were constructed at site and the main weldments shipped individually. That made for some tense moments on initial startups!! I ran a 100,000 lb/mass/hr fuel oil fired monstrosity at the nuke for an auxiliary steam supply system, Babcock and Wilcox unit, pushed too hard would vibrate the floor.

In the mid 80's I helped to scrap out some boilers at a local sugar mill that had closed down in the late 70's. they had 3 coal fired watertube boilers that were 6 stories tall. 2 were equipped with 6 stokers and the main had 8 stokers. Cutting them apart was a pita, made me wonder how they welded them together in the first place. There were also 4 Continental packaged boilers to warm everything up slowly, I think those were 1.000 Hp boilers on natural gas. Place had a 16" gas main coming into the boiler house. IIRC the coal burners had gas burners to start them.