• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Washington Iron Works and thier machines

HarvestPlanner

Hey there, Was just wondering who Roadswitcher is, the 127 that your talking about was moved to Nelson for Winston Allnut (Pinus Logging Company) which has now been taken over by his Foreman Bryan Heslop (BHL Ltd). RoadSwitcher did you work in this crew? My old man is the yarder operator that you were talking about, has now been in the seat for just about 25 years now.

Roadswitcher

Hey there, Was just wondering who Roadswitcher is, the 127 that your talking about was moved to Nelson for Winston Allnut (Pinus Logging Company) which has now been taken over by his Foreman Bryan Heslop (BHL Ltd). RoadSwitcher did you work in this crew? My old man is the yarder operator that you were talking about, has now been in the seat for just about 25 years now.

Refer to posts 166 and 178 Thunderbird thread...LOL

HarvestPlanner

Ah found it, #178 gave it away, have never meet you (I think), but have heard your name mentioned around the bush in nelson and through the old man.
what are you doing over in Aus?

spitzair

Squamish BC (Home), Slave Lake, AB (Work)
Here's a TL-6 I took pictures of a number of years ago. The owner wanted to sell me the machine and his business so I went and spent the day with him to see what it was all about! What a cool machine that thing was! He had another one as well which I didn't see, it was at another site. I didn't buy his business, probably a good thing in the end, but I sure wanted to!

Attachments

• Image-31 (Small).JPG
    Image-31 (Small).JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,977
  • Image-32 (Small).JPG
    Image-32 (Small).JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,903
  • Image-33 (Small).JPG
    Image-33 (Small).JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,917
  • Image-35 (Small).JPG
    Image-35 (Small).JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 1,941
  • Image-37 (Small).JPG
    Image-37 (Small).JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,932

Vigilant

Occupation
Attitude Adjuster at the Graybar Hotel
Washington shovels sure did have a look all their own, didn't they?

Occupation
Running Supersnorkel
The cab controls set up a little different than most TL6's. Knee throttle, R/H control turned a bit so the tag has been moved some where else,Steering wheel mount like TL5. No locks on L/H quad for locking quad for travel. and looks like it has a transmission shifter over by L/H window same as TL5

furpo

Kiwi 188

From the FICA website here is a picture of a Nelson based 188. Im not sure who the current owner is.

Edit - I think it is Woods Contracting

Attachments

• 20120419-2_WoodContracting.jpg
    20120419-2_WoodContracting.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 1,912

Kiwi Logger

Well its been a while since I posted any pictures but having had an extreamly wet year here in fact the wettest for 75 years I couldnt resist posting this pic that one of my foreman took this morning the 137 Washington tower in the background as the sun came up which we havnt seen for a long long time and a multi bolster trailer being lifted off the truck.

Attachments

• 137W This Morning.jpg
    137W This Morning.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,649

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
Ha! I just started hauling into your home a few weeks ago and noticed them. I wandered over there with my phone to snap a couple of photos yesterday. I was amazed that they were saved and not sent to the scrapper!

Kiwi Logger

Washington move014.JPGWashington move011.JPGWashington move013.JPGThought I would post these pics I took last week. Have been pretty lucky as only the third time in 20 years that I have had to move the 137 Washington on a transporter as all of our moves have been in forest where we move it with our D8k. The next job was only about 1.5km in a straight line but had to truck the Yarder about 50kms to get there on the State Highway. And for all the truckies out there the transporter was a two month old KW T909 with a widning dolly with two rows of 8 and the trailer is a widner three rows of 8 with an extra clip on row of eight axle.