• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

some work pictures

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
Dang right, ain't nothing more a PITA than doing an oil change on an industrial truck with it on the ground. The original "low rider". :D

See i told ya he had a fork truck on his service truck willie:drinkup

typ4

Occupation
Equipment mechanic for a small company.
We are just in the process of spending about $80k on a Climax B5500 hydraulic drive boring machine and a Climax automatic bore welder with all the bells & whistles. It was after discussions with TomV & RayF (thanks to both of them BTW) of this parish that we finally we settled on Climax. The only other type of hydraulic drive machine I would have considered was Caterpillar's one, but that was even more expensive than the Climax. For the type of work we do, bores up to 15", electric-drive machines are just not man enough for the job IMHO.

Climax factory is about 1/2 mile from me, they make some cool stuff. And lately they have been working 2 shifts, which around here is remarkable.

TOM V

Occupation
Mechanic, Welder, Office work ect.
A few shots from today, a 450h with it's tracks on backwards and the cutting edge falling off.
2012-05-17_11-20-38_177.jpg2012-05-17_12-12-26_31.jpg2012-05-17_14-26-40_900.jpg2012-05-17_16-12-49_530.jpg2012-05-17_16-48-37_928.jpg

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
new to posting in the forum but have visited often,, tom v your work is very professional!!! a couple of quesitons exactly what accurs when the tracks are ran installed backwards? i am looking for a 100 ton portable pin press anyone have any ideas?

curb guy

We are just in the process of spending about $80k on a Climax B5500 hydraulic drive boring machine and a Climax automatic bore welder with all the bells & whistles. It was after discussions with TomV & RayF (thanks to both of them BTW) of this parish that we finally we settled on Climax. The only other type of hydraulic drive machine I would have considered was Caterpillar's one, but that was even more expensive than the Climax. For the type of work we do, bores up to 15", electric-drive machines are just not man enough for the job IMHO.

$80K is a little out of my price range!

curb guy

I have the YORK boring machine and a BOA-211. The bore welder is about 15 years old now and has been trouble free, but if I had the cash then I would have bought the bore tech and a Climax BB5000. The York machine has been good also, the largest bore I've done with it was 10". I guess it all depends how much boring you plan on doing, sometimes mine is running 3-4 days a week, sometimes it is sitting for 3-4 months. Good luck.

If I may ask,why do you use a welder from one manufactuer and a boring machine from another? I like the boa welder/bore machine set up.I also like the york system.I don't plan on doing a lot of that type of work yet, but if it takes off then...? Which one,or combination would you recommend? And thank you for all your advise,I REALLY do appreciate it!!

Extractorfan

Occupation
operator earthmoving machines
Hi guys, just a word of warning when dropping sump guards(belly pans), I recently had one of my JCB machines serviced the fitter was telling me one of his work mates dropped the sump guard at a refuse recycling plant and out fell used hypodermic needles. Luckily none stabbed him be careful out there.
Nice looking mess, must be one of the belly pans you have dropped. What have you got to do to the crawler?

Thanks for sharing, some of your work, with us.

TOM V

Occupation
If I may ask,why do you use a welder from one manufactuer and a boring machine from another? I like the boa welder/bore machine set up.I also like the york system.I don't plan on doing a lot of that type of work yet, but if it takes off then...? Which one,or combination would you recommend? And thank you for all your advise,I REALLY do appreciate it!!

I had a home made hydraulic driven boring machine when I purchased the BOA-211, and Bore repair systems did not have boring machines then anyway. Again I recommend the climax boring machine, the york would be my second choice. By the way York did not have a bore welder back when I purchased that machine.

TOM V

Occupation
A few shots from Friday, a volvo swing pinion seal replacement.
2012-05-18_09-17-09_23.jpg2012-05-18_10-30-34_182.jpg2012-05-18_10-31-12_272.jpg2012-05-18_11-16-29_237.jpg

928G Boy

amazing thread, can't believe I haven't seen this thread before. beautiful work. a guy can really learn a thing or two going through this thread.

if it ever gets slow in your area you should head out to the oil patch, good owner-op service trucks are always in high demand in the oil patch in Canada, probably the same thing going on in North Dakota I imagine.

Last edited:

siduramaxde

Tom V, I am very impressed with your work and equipment. I would love to learn your trade but I wouldn't even no where to begin. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Rod

Taylor95042

Occupation
Heavy equipment mech.
That is a nice Pete and really nice work pictures, Im new to this site and will soon post some pics of my ride as well. I have a 07 T300 and work on Overseas container handlers at railyards and seaports from De. to Me.