• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Some equipment pics

nzloggaar

Occupation
Loader Operator
Kiwi Loggers Liebherr 944 with logmax

Attachments

• Mean maori mean.jpg
    Mean maori mean.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 7,014
  • Skid again.jpg
    Skid again.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 6,971

nzloggaar

Occupation
Loader Operator
Sharing th Pics !

Logging NZ

Attachments

• The skid frm the bk.jpg
    The skid frm the bk.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 6,826
  • High in dry hehe.jpg
    High in dry hehe.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 8,250

Dom

Nice to see Logmax products in NZ!

I worked for Rocan Forestry, and we manufactured the Logmax 12000 as a subcontract for Logmax. It was one impressive harvesting head.

nzloggaar

Occupation
Loader Operator
Yeah i didnt mind the logmax 12000, only downfall for me was that it couldnt break the bigger branches off stems, or handle bigger pieces wood as we needed it to. Appart from that, it was a good piece to work with.

Mike Hill

Where abouts are you based nzloggaar?

I worked in Kaiangaroa and over towards Napier for Carroll Skyline Logging in the late 90's.Do you know if they are still running?Last I heard they were up in Northland,that was about 2000.

monashee

anyone use logmax and waratah

What would be your preference Logmax or waratah, wondering about strokers too

Wyologger

nzlogaar, was wondering why there are no heels on any of the loaders pics ive seen in New Zealand? great pics, looks like a nice running show. Hope to see your beautiful country soon (hopefully to trip some wood to haha), have a ground based show to sell off first i guess. anyway, thanks again

Plebeian

There are live heels available and made in NZ. Part of the equation is the live heel adds weight on the end of the 'stick' and moves the grapple further out so it will reduce the weight of the logs able to be picked up.

http://www.satco.co.nz/?page_id=34

As the more difficult places are logged there will be a few more live heels in NZ as logs need to be taken away from the hauler from small landings to be processed and stored elsewhere, and the logs need to be picked up by their butts.

This video shows a current day NZ operation - Thunderbird TSY 155 - JD 2154D - Duxson grapple (no live heel) loading and JD 3754D with Waratah HTH626 processing head on landing plus auxiliary Hitachi-s. http://youtu.be/wb1HlZhiWUs

Last edited:

OlympicYJ

As I understand it you guys do allot of loading from the side, in which case the live heel isn't really needed. Here in the NW we load from the back because of small landings so the heel is needed. But I don't think the extra length the grapple is pushed out and extra weight of the heel is going to affect the weight of the logs you're pickin. I can see it if you're using a machine that is slightly marginal weight for the job. Especially when not using Shovel booms, which are optimized for picking not digging. Maybe you could explain the logic a little better as I'm not seeing it... Just a curiosity thing not bashing the way you guys do things.

Wes

glenlunberg

Occupation
Supervisor
Good pictures Loggin_it! I really love your pictures especially the last one. It looks nice because it's covered by a snow. :D