• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Some equipment pics

team 527

I also think the fact our loaders spend a fair amount of time sorting grades a heal isnt a justified necessity and the side loading factor

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
Off topic a little but does this land get reseeded or does anyone plant seedlings etc to reclaim the land after clear cutting it?Ron G

JGibson

I am not sure about in NZ, but I am sure it is similar, but for our clearcut operations, for just harvest purposes, it is on "tree farms". They are tracts of land, and their specific purpose is to be harvested, replanted and then harvested again in a cycle. So yes, at least in the US and Canada they do get replanted.

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
I knew that we did that here but did not know what they did in New Zealand.I have a friend there that calls me occasionally and he is involved in forestry who I should be asking but I could never think of it while we are chatting of course.Thanks for your reply.Ron G

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Off topic a little but does this land get reseeded or does anyone plant seedlings etc to reclaim the land after clear cutting it?Ron G
There are a number of pine forests that were planted out in the great depression of 1929 as work for the dole sceams. They are harvested on a 25 year cycle. One of these forests, Kaiangaroa was when planted the largest exotic forest in the southern hemisphere at 1.25 million acres. Now some of these forests are being converted back into pasture as dairy products are the big earner for the country.

TrentNz

It generally gets re-seeded with pine etc or as others have mentioned turned into dairy pasture (one of nz's biggest earners)