• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Scottish heavy equipment mechanic

Welder Dave

Nice thing about a place like Sureway is they have a new Ultra modern shop and it will be warm in the winter. They are less than 10 minutes from where I live. I posted a pic. of their new shop a couple years ago. I'll see if I can find it. It's like an operating room.

digger doug

Occupation
Thrash-A-Matic designer
Nice thing about a place like Sureway is they have a new Ultra modern shop and it will be warm in the winter. They are less than 10 minutes from where I live. I posted a pic. of their new shop a couple years ago. I'll see if I can find it. It's like an operating room.
,,,,and the new guy will probably NOT be working in it.
New guy get's the worst job, doing outside work.

James Sorochan

Occupation
x-water & sewer construction Now farmer.
Good to hear Victor! As big cities go Calgary has some positives like the most sunny days for a large city in Canada, fairly smog free. I have a heavy duty mechanic friend that lives there currently working in Fort McMurray. The city feels less oppressive than Edmonton or Winnipeg. Short summers though and traffic sucks like most big cities.

Welder Dave

A big benefit is your Healthcare will be mostly covered in Canada. If the employer has Healthcare benefits (most do) you could have up 100% of prescriptions covered as well. Some employers also provide eye glasses or contact lenses and some even provide for work boots and coverall allowance if they don't already supply them. I haven't heard back from the guy I know with Cummins so it's great you found another job.

Victor mcdade

Great! Welcome to Alberta. Who is the employer if we can ask? Calgary is typically warmer than Edmonton. If you ride an MX bike Calgary has an MX park in the middle of the city. I think the only one in N. America.
Thanks very much , I'm not there yet, I've got a few things to get sorted first, I will keep the employer under wraps just now,I don't want to jinx it, but they seem like a really decent, nice and understanding kinda guys, with the likes of computer diagnostics, unless you work in a dealer in Scotland, we don't have it and trouble shooting is done the old fashioned way which isn't necessarily a good thing, but they've said not to worry as a training I need or want they will be more than happy to give so happ days