• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

S. Madill, Blacksmith, Founded in 1911 in Nanaimo BC

Nwlogger joe

Madill 172

Hi I'm not real sure how this works but I was wondering if anybody knows what the first 3 172 madill's look like and if they still work I am running the 4th one now on the oregon coast

Nwlogger joe

I am very curious because I have worked around and ran a few different 172s also the ones hat was rebuilt for cross and crown but this one is different it has been modified it has a dash in it similar to an 071 and the travel is hand operated next to the seat instead of pedals on the floor

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Paul L hope you don't mind I'm still trying to figure out this puzzle factory . So I took your pictures am trying to post them .IMG 3161 resize.jpgIMG 3162 resize.jpgIMG 3163 resize.jpgIMG 3164 resize.jpgIMG 3165 resize.jpg Perhaps you could tell us what they are .

Paul L

Thank you camptramp. The 171R pic was the only one I couldn't post. I don't know why I could post the others and not that one. I took these pics when working back in NZ. They were all in the Nelson area working for Dale Ewers, Mark Ewers, and Ross Wood. Ross was the one who imported the 171R in the early 2000's. One of the pics has a 071 at a distance, I think it was owned by Kelly Logging. At the time of that pic it was working 10 minutes east of Nelson. Some of the pics are in other threads.

Doug1966

Occupation
Woodworker
Hi, that looks like the one they pulled of the bush near hope on the towing show filmed there. Thanks Doug.

Scott_527

Here's a question someone on here could surely answer. What Madill machine would a 6280 Cypress best compare to size and performance wise? A 122, 123 or 124? I always had it in my head that it was the size of a 124 just without some of the more modern technology but I wasn't sure. Thanks

hoechucker

I've been around some long span downhill units but we always ran it frontwards.but they weren't real steep in the back end.