• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

S. Madill, Blacksmith, Founded in 1911 in Nanaimo BC

donkeydoc

12209 and yarder on terex carrier

Was given a box of original Madill photos that were from the Nanaimo Shop when it was vacated.Here is the first of at least a couple hundred.Believe the Cat Yarder was the first 071 built

12208and 12209 wew the only 2 rubber mounted 122s built. both went to Lineham logging at harrison lake. the 071 on terex carrier was the proto type and it went T and D Carter in Chemanius.

Murk100

Occupation
30 yrs GY Operator
No ideas about the NWest Mr. Prince only worked around a few in my day...looking forward to the box of Madill pics Skadill... here is what we have been playing with lately, mounted two more 044 haulback fairleads on the Tbird 255, the slackpuller(lower) is from 47003 built in 1969. Working on installing a topping line right now got all the sheaves20150805_145055.jpg20150821_105625_resized.jpg20150821_160025.jpg and stuff off a burned out 122...forgot you had to resize the pictures...pain in the a##
Looks like we will be able to enjoy the winter with lots to look at.

skadill

Banjo Head Spar

Modern steel spar of the times.no notes on it but guessing it may be one of the early test models that went to Baikie bros in the early 50's?

Attachments

• img260.jpg
    img260.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 871
Last edited:

skadill

Tons of towers

Looks to be 10 new yarders on the barge from Departure bay,Nanaimo.Photo from the actual madill collection I've aquired

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 722

skadill

Donkeydoc,I was just guessing,but now that you mention that name i have photos with the T W Mackenzie name on a old line loader as well in this find

Murk100

Occupation
30 yrs GY Operator
Page 32 of this Madill thread, it has the same barge load with destinations and serial # from Bill Forester(I think so anyway) great stuff Skadill
Looks to be 10 new yarders on the barge from Departure bay,Nanaimo.Photo from the actual madill collection I've aquired

skadill

Page 32 of this Madill thread, it has the same barge load with destinations and serial # from Bill Forester(I think so anyway) great stuff Skadill[/QUO Recalled a similar pic,but thread is so huge,immpossible to find.Definetly the same day photo,appears its 1973 then. Almost wanted to start a small second madill thread for these,but probably wouldnt be right,so they can pile on here to stay together.Some of the pics ill be posting are familiar,as they say 'print' on the back of them,and many were probably produced.Most reconizable pic here to post still will be rusty grapple/contract loggers thumbnail 044,there's a bunch of that same picture with the guy near the track in different positions,all taken within a few moments-one became the brochure cover.

Last edited:

Murk100

Occupation
30 yrs GY Operator
I say post them all...I love the older Madill stuff, any of the proto type 144? those pictures that Camptramp and Blk Prince and others posted CZ, BCFP etc are right up my alley...
Page 32 of this Madill thread, it has the same barge load with destinations and serial # from Bill Forester(I think so anyway) great stuff Skadill[/QUO Recalled a similar pic,but thread is so huge,immpossible to find.Definetly the same day photo,appears its 1973 then. Almost wanted to start a small second madill thread for these,but probably wouldnt be right,so they can pile on here to stay together.Some of the pics ill be posting are familiar,as they say 'print' on the back of them,and many were probably produced.Most reconizable pic here to post still will be rusty grapple/contract loggers thumbnail 044,there's a bunch of that same picture with the guy near the track in different positions,all taken within a few moments-one became the brochure cover.

donkeydoc

10 009`s

I say post them all...I love the older Madill stuff, any of the proto type 144? those pictures that Camptramp and Blk Prince and others posted CZ, BCFP etc are right up my alley...
that load of 009`s was bound for Alaska. My dad was involved in loading them. Also prototype 144 owned by Holbrook Dyson now.

Occupation
Running Supersnorkel
two 075's 004 (Small).JPGtwo 075's 008 (Small).JPGFirst time these two have been side by side in 15 plus years. Track machine 90087 Rubber 90090 last one built

Occupation
Running Supersnorkel
Yes one was waiting for lowbed and the other I ran until the tracked one got moved. We borrowed the rubber tired one from Engelwood until my tracked one got repaired . Cross drive died and it took four months to get gears made. And they put used steering clutch's in and they both slip So it will be down another week or so when they decide to do it.

Occupation
Running Supersnorkel
No HDX they are both X Canfor machines from Woss. Western bought the tracked one from them in 2001