• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lost another big one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truck Shop

Allot of freighters have done that for years, Skimming is
the name of the game-ever since there was a Autocar truck.
apparently the competition that is going to step in uses outside help for line haul,
Below is a few plates displayed at P.I.E. headquarters in Cal in 1956. I like picking on the business I worked in for so many years. Like I told one jacka$$ truck company owner {you want me to lie for you-
then you better let me know when it's ok to lie to you}. CAN'T SKIRT THAT ONE. A dispatcher main
job is to be able to lie with a smile. When walking into dispatch-dispatchers keep an eye on the hallways
to clam-up pronto. Before drug testing came along there wasn't a dispatcher/brokerage that didn't
have a bag of pills in their desk drawer to hand out. It's one of the big reasons for E-Log, years back it was expected you cheat your paper logs, if you didn't you got shelved. Just hard facts like it or not.

Attachments

• 182687697_4486880141326778_3505089052068118229_n.jpg
    182687697_4486880141326778_3505089052068118229_n.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 41

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
I like hearing about the days of yore. I was just a young fella, polishing chrome, washing trucks, checking air pressures and getting in everyone’s way. Before deregulation and drug testing. Little brown bottles of toothpicks, black moly and multiple log books.

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
Gee Mr Peabody, where are we gonna take the wayback machine to next?
If you listened to Mr. Peabody closely, you would always hear; "if you ignore history, you will repeat it." Just a cartoon version of George Santayana. A couple of decades from now, people will have forgotton Yellow and another LTL corporation will repeat the process. Just like Yellow did after Time DC and all the others.

Truck Shop

There's ton's in the wayback machine-just in time freight didn't make it any better. It didn't
take 24 hrs to figure manipulation of E-log. The cell and GPS tracking turned it into the
biggest micro managed mess-hurry up and wait every load is a priority [got to get there
emergency] "mama is at the drive-up window pounding on the steering wheel because
they are out of fries and she wants her mega bag of fries now not five minutes from now.
The industry did it to it's self, the big shippers/receivers all have access to a freight companies
gps tracking, which relates to detention fees on late deliveries, then turn around and take
there good time about reloading-dog eat dog.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
1980 Eagle Division IML pushed the guy I had on my truck to a point of exhaustion. I tried to fill in as he was hospitalized and damn near ended up there myself. Standing in the SLC office with five other indy’s we sat a dispatcher on his heels so hard he was getting a nosebleed and threatening to call cops. Was trying to convince himself we could round trip SLC to Denver and back in a 16 hour period including offload reload, actually tried to explain how to doctor logs to do it, the final straw was Spokane to Tucson, wanted Three rounds a week. Miles, Hours, On duty time meant nothing as the dispatchers were getting kickbacks from shippers.

RocketScott

If you listened to Mr. Peabody closely, you would always hear; "if you ignore history, you will repeat it." Just a cartoon version of George Santayana. A couple of decades from now, people will have forgotton Yellow and another LTL corporation will repeat the process. Just like Yellow did after Time DC and all the others.

Can we go back to the days when gals had big boobs and long legs

Now days it's mostly big legs and long boobs

Status
Not open for further replies.