• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Logging Accidents: And They Walked Away.........

HDX

camptramp No I didn't mean this is NOT 40-96 I said DO YOU THINK THAT IT IS NOW H119???

Last edited:

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
camptramp No I didn't mean this is NOT 40-96 I said DO YOU THINK THAT IT IS NOW H119???
Check left front bumper for a major dent , unless bumper has been replaced the dent will be there . I'll explain how it got there over coffee sometime . It involved the left front corner of Hayes's lowbed , its a good one . Also the hood will be a little rough from pushing lowbed with Madill 075 one time on old road that hadn't been used in years , snorkel sticking out over back of lowbed breaking off limbs , that were siding down side guylines dropping on hood .

Last edited:

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
HDX, I am puzzled as to why the front bumper has been extende under the rad. Nothing at Nitinat had this nor did the original units at Nan. Lakes. Is there any kind of a pump under there. If so,the I believe there was a number change from CZ toCz and BCFP joint venture.

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
Only one driver is around from the Lakes who got one of these trucks brand new. Jack got the 40-91 so I will inquire as to whether or not he has pictures.

HDX

Ok Sounds great Yes camptramp I will get as many pics as I can of these old girls . I always look for the telltale dents that will hold a lot of stories

camptramp

Occupation
Truck in picture is an ex Nanaimo Lakes truck , when it arrived at Gordon River it had an extension welded to the front bumper made of what looked like rail road rail it was cut off . There is an oil cooler mounted under the front bumper , the plate under the front bumper is to protect it .

camptramp

Occupation
We just ended up with the Hayes Forest lowbed with the 1600X25 tires .

Is it the lowbed that was used in the Renfrew / HBO area if so check the left outside rail , if its pushed back far enough that there's been a notch cut for the tires on the front axle to clear , I know all about it .

camptramp

Occupation
Do'es that H-119 have a Red Signature 600 Cummins or a 60 Series Detroit for power . The reason I ask is the #40-90 had a twin turbo V12-71 , the #40-91 was repowered with a Series 60 Detroit , the #40-96 was repowered with a Signature 600 Cummin also the #40-100 was repowered with a Signature 600 Cummins . The #40-100 was the only one of the 4 trucks that had a 2 speed spliter box in the drive line . It stayed at Nanaimo Lakes and went to the auction with Ted Leroy's equipment .

Last edited:

dirty4fun

You guys really amaze me on knowing what trucks were whose and their life story. I have to keep going back and forth looking at the pictures to see the points you have brought up. Man I enjoy it all!

HDX

H119 has the 60 series. The 40-100 is the missing truck that Blkprince was wondering about I think there was the two of them One is down in Sarita awaiting a lowbed ride to Chemainus Shop for rebuild. She was one of the Crown NitNat trucks Bill Browns (60 series) H16. I have to dig up the pictures I took of Leroy's P16 unit #H17 because it was sold at the R/B auction in Chemainus as a residue truck Russell & Lilly bought her for the rear diffs (SPR 570's) Seems to me she went really cheap around 5 grand Engine was BO had a Cummins in her I think Will see when I find the pictures. IPL bought an HDX some years ago with 46-40 rears in her 12X24 tires Nice clean truck as a fire tanker She was bought new by Al Nelson from down your way. She goes out into the bush every fire season and does fine Well as fate would have it I was up at a scrap yard up island and Lyle had told me about a trailer for one of the tankers being there so I checked it out Sure enough it is the trailer for the Nelson truck! No tires on her but still she is a 36 ton Hayes conventional trailer. Funny what shows up from time to time. Speaking of such things You guys down that way have to guard those LONG TOM's while they are still in one piece They are a real piece of BCFP history There is still 4 of them down there.

camptramp

Occupation
I'm pretty certain the #H119 is the Ex CZ/ Timberwest #40-91 it was still at HBO when I retired , in IPL's possession , it would have been moved to Franklin area with the red
st of IPL's equipment .

camptramp

Occupation
I ran into a fellow that I believe told me Lily & Russel bought the #40-90 (had a blown up twin-turbo V12-71 in it) and #40-96 at the auction 2008 Chemainus .