• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Loaders, Limbers and Roadbuilders.

TorkelH

Swing bearing failure ,hanging on to log to keep from falling off
I don't kn ow too much about excavators, but how did this happen? Is it normal they go off in the welding like this, and does the bearing come with the top flange as a part or is it a weld on thing? How do you repair this?

Scott S

Our new Kobelco 295 at Feenaughty getting finished up.:D We expect delivery after after the 1st.

378788_315666231787797_100000332683254_1054532_2034834039_n.jpg

hoechucker

That's gotta be a front heavy son of a gun.talk about hard on a machine.but definitely interesting.

Occupation
Running Supersnorkel
I don't kn ow too much about excavators, but how did this happen? Is it normal they go off in the welding like this, and does the bearing come with the top flange as a part or is it a weld on thing? How do you repair this?
another Deere just lost its bearing this week, broke a bunch of bolts and is cracked up pretty bad. The 075 that I run cracked 3/4 of the way around this summer and took 3 days of welding to fix it.Had a brace in the belly pan crack and it just beer canned the rest of the way. As for the other Deere they changed the bearing and did much welding.We have a lot of our Kobelcos do the same thing.

Wdonaldson

Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
Hitachi EX270 Roadbuilder

Hello all, I have been enjoying all your logging photo's for quite some time now and I bought a scanner today so I could add some of my pictures of working on the Island. I can't seem to figure out how to get my pictures from my file to this screen, any ideas?

Scott S

Hello all, I have been enjoying all your logging photo's for quite some time now and I bought a scanner today so I could add some of my pictures of working on the Island. I can't seem to figure out how to get my pictures from my file to this screen, any ideas?

I think you need to make 5 posts before the system will allow you to add photos.

Scott S

Wdonaldson

Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
Hitachi UH16 Roadbuilder in Nanaimo Lakes. Machine was Owned by Ballegeer Bulldozing on contract for Timber West.

Hitachi UH16 Roadbuilder (640x426).jpg

HCF

Occupation
Fabricator
Wow. That 400 is quite a machine. I bet you could really pull some stumps with that thing. I love all the guarding on these BC machines.

Wdonaldson

Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
John Deere 892 Roadbuilder, deactivating roud out in the Copper Canyon area for Timber West.
John Deere 892 Roadbuilder (640x418).jpg

Logboss1

Occupation
Ground based / cable logging contractor
PC 228 Gisborne NZ

19000 hrs and still going strong.

Attachments

• Smartarse loading longs.jpg
    Smartarse loading longs.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 1,676

Wdonaldson

Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
Hitachi EX450 Roadbuilder.

Attachments

• Hitachi EX450 Roadbuilder (640x478).jpg
    Hitachi EX450 Roadbuilder (640x478).jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 1,931

Wdonaldson

Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
Caterpillar 966E Loader skidding engine out of the shop.Engine is a Waukesha 12VAT-27GL(3550 HP) with a fresh overhaul.
Caterpillar 966 (640x478).jpg