• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Loaders, Limbers and Roadbuilders.

lg junior

Here is a Daewoo stroker, picture was taken today. Not many good things said about it.

photo-3.jpg

furpo

Komatsu with Woodsman processor

Very nice machine. 40T Komatsu with the Woodsman processing head.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 2,346

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
Interesting looking machine furpo. Almost looks like an old 475 Timbco/Valmet. I know Komatsu now owns the Valmet line. But I never heard of a Woodsman head before. Is that a down under thing?
That machine looks tuff!

Last edited:

69hayes

Occupation
Marine Engineer,
Campbell River,last month

Attachments

• Campbell River Jan 2012 015 (Small).jpg
    Campbell River Jan 2012 015 (Small).jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 2,275
  • Campbell River Jan 2012 016 (Small).jpg
    Campbell River Jan 2012 016 (Small).jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 2,265
  • Campbell River Jan 2012 017 (Small).jpg
    Campbell River Jan 2012 017 (Small).jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 2,230

prolog nz

Interesting looking machine furpo. Almost looks like an old 475 Timbco/Valmet. I know Komatsu now owns the Valmet line. But I never heard of a Woodsman head before. Is that a down under thing?
That machine looks tuff!

The woodsman is built here in Rotorua NZ by EMS they build the cabs bonnet gaurding and booms aswell as the heads. check out there website
http://www.woodsmanpro.co.nz/default.aspx

BDFT

I live in Telkwa. Pictures were taken halfway between Telkwa and Houston just off the Barren Creek FSR.

furpo

That machine looks tuff!

Yeah it is a very nice bit of kit. What is impressive is that it is nearly a year old in that photo and does not have a bend in it. It was falling every day. I hope the new owner likes it as much as the old.

skadill

Early Roadbuilders

From a 1979 Ritchie Brothers auction flyer at Surrey,B.C. .The Company that had these was called Rainbow Mountain Roadbuilders,up till that point.If anyone knows any history,or who they worked for let us know.Thes were definitely the first generation of roadbuilding excavators used,and represented a very modern fleet for 1979.The bottom one appears to have shovel type pads.Strangest Company color to ever be seen in the woods as well,obviously all were custom painted. http://youtube.com/user/skadill

Attachments

• DSC_0153.jpg
    DSC_0153.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 1,811
  • DSC_0155.jpg
    DSC_0155.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 1,817
  • DSC_0156.jpg
    DSC_0156.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 1,844
Last edited:

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I've always been a little baffled about those butt-n-top grapples used in Canada. What are the advantages and disadvantages of them.

I've never seen one used in the states.

log frog

Me too. I have a friend in Canada who swears by them, and wonders why we would use anything else. I can see the advantages in loading small and long wood, but I think we'll be sticking to swinging grapple/heel. Strange people those Canadians ;)