• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Gold Rush D10

Desertwheeler

Occupation
Miner
They were pulling with it when they were taking the dredge apart. Can't remember what it was tho. Spent a lot of time in a 245 with a shear they are beast for sure.

seriouswork

They were pulling with it when they were taking the dredge apart. Can't remember what it was tho. Spent a lot of time in a 245 with a shear they are beast for sure.

Now I remember, yeah, that was something like a 16G, but I don't remember the number.

As for the 2-Series, yeah, I stood next to one a few weeks ago, and it is so solid, it's pretty incredible. It's really amazing that they even still work, and yet they work well!

furukawajake

The show is the show. I catch it on youtube when I remember around Tuesday or Wednesday. This type of show is always better before everyone goes all 'hollywood'.
I'm getting awful sick of watching tony rig and lift every-ting with fgukcing transport chain. That **** will get someone killed.

TrentNz

Secretly hoping todd hoffman makes a serious comeback. Packers doing well just not a hugh fan of his cockyness. Love tony beets but skip through his dredge bs atm as its boring.

Knocker of rock

Secretly hoping todd hoffman makes a serious comeback. Packers doing well just not a hugh fan of his cockyness. Love tony beets but skip through his dredge bs atm as its boring.

I'm hoping Todd get bit by a rabid dog and then contracts ebola. Did you see the little fit he threw when the truck drivers wanted to complain about the unsafe road? The same guys he made wade in the piraña creek last year while he sat nice and dry with his fat ass on the shore. The guys a douche

Hardline

Occupation
Small business owner
Just watched another episode last night. Tonys poor dozer, that thing looks beat on. Grouser pads broken off and crap.

ippielb

Guys have to understand the price for any kind of equipment up there is tenfold of what it is in the lower 48. Even old equipment. I'm not saying im no expert, but when people are commenting on the old equipment, hey, it gets the job done still. I find the show very interesting myself, last year not so much when they were down in south america. Never cared to even watch that half of the episodes.

rmllarue91

Occupation
field technician
Anyone have any rough idea/ guess what it Costs Per yard to shift overburdened like in Todds mine a mile with two a40s and a 700 loading?

Shimmy1

Anyone have any rough idea/ guess what it Costs Per yard to shift overburdened like in Todds mine a mile with two a40s and a 700 loading?

Well, direct costs or overall? If that was a bid job for me, I'd probably look for $5/yd³?? So, would probably try and move it for no more than $2? Rough enough?

Cam85

I had a look to c what u guys are talking about and man did I laugh and people say us Aussies are nuts.

Hey shimmy u wanna give a job I think is high time I had a look overseas I wanna come over and experience a different way of doing things

Last edited:

Shimmy1

I had a look to c what u guys are talking about and man did I laugh and people say us Aussies are nuts.

Hey shimmy u wanna give a job I think is high time I had a look overseas I wanna come over and experience a different way of doing things

Not sure I could afford ya. :D

rmllarue91

Occupation
field technician
Yes thanks shimmy so I guess that haul isn't that bad if the ground had more gold lol

rmllarue91

Occupation
field technician
Okay on two dollars a yard I figure there operating costs about 10 to 11 thousand a day operating costs. That sound about right?

Shimmy1

Okay on two dollars a yard I figure there operating costs about 10 to 11 thousand a day operating costs. That sound about right?

If they are reading this I hope I'm at least close. I just kind if ballparked it, between the hoe and the trucks they're burning probably 60 gal/hr of fuel, throw in a set of teeth for the hoe per week, add 50% for the Canada factor, you have about $7000 per day direct cost. I was figuring 3500 yds per day. Wasn't figuring anything else because I have zero experience with a hoe of that size or wiggle wagons.
Just kind of assumed $3/yd³ should be acceptable for overhead costs and profit taking. Like I said, you asked for rough, and nobody else is stepping up.

rmllarue91

Occupation
field technician
Thanks shimmy I'm just curious as to the whole process and any input is good. I'm just wonder what is considered the break even point per yard. To figure out if it's cheaper to move the plant or truck it. Also I wonder what it costs to run the loader wash plant and pump. When I seen the new pickups and now the ground isn't what they were hoping for its got me curious as to if they will even break even for this season.

Shimmy1

Well, I'm going to make a call here, probably WAY out in space, but I would not be surprised if they go back to the slop hole Dave was working on a month back. It's had time to thaw, they might just be able to pump the water out, and go to work. The whole drama thing, Dave is not stupid, I don't believe he would have wasted that time, energy, and $$$MONEY$$$ for nothing. Also, what if they have been losing gold like parker was? I saw a sliver of a clip that showed another, longer, single sluice running down the side of the main sluice. Wonder what that's about??

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
don't forget in all the brain storming that drama sell's. they did say something about 300yd per hr to the wash plant but who know's if that's just drama talk