• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Gold Rush D10

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
Hmmm ??? ….. Me Thinks I saw Parker going through my Home Town Today Heading North on Hwy 97 !!! ….. What caught my Attention was the New Bright Red Ford Raptor with an Alaska Plate …. by the time of day it was ……he would be in and about Prince George, B.C. Tonight !!!

2grit

This thread has gone back and forth for months with some interesting and often comical views. With all the hype you see on the show, the one thing that stands out to me, is that, at the end of every season, the crews are able to show every ounce of gold they mined for the season. There's a whole lot more money being exchanged than we know about. That's reality TV. Who can forget Parker showing Grandpa John his 1000+ ounces at the end of last year. I guess he didn't have to sell a bit of it. Doesn't work that way for me, but, I'm not worthy of a TV show either.

"acidoil"

2grit.. I have was thinking the same. They got to make the gold for that whatever or they are going to shut down.. Todd not having any $$ to run. Next show new $65,000 jacked up Ram.

pf/l

Occupation
Farmer/logger/heavy equipment op.
The gold tallies at the end in the jars are fake I assume. Parker gives up 15% to tony up to 1500 ounces and 20% after that. Tony aint gona give the gold back I don't think.lol.. Todd gave up gold to get the wash plant and 100 ounces minimum to the claim owner plus his royalty to the claim owner. So it's physically impossible to keep every ounce of gold that you find. Least that's the way that I see it. Course being reality tv the whole darn thing could be made up.lol..

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
. Course being reality tv the whole darn thing could be made up.lol..[/QUOTE]

This is probably the most honest thing said about "reality" TV.

pf/l

Occupation
Todd may have let something slip or is possibly just misleading himself. On the last episode of the dirt he said he owned the claim. Maybe he bought it with the millions of gold he's about to find lol.

Dr. Ernie

I watch Gold Rush and I actually look forward to it. During the summer I am lucky if I see 5 minutes of boob tube a week 9 months out of the year. In the winter I watch a bit more 2 or 3 hrs a week depending on how motivated I feel. I look at it this way, what would you rather watch heavy equipment working in the dirt the way God intended or Godless hippies playing butt crack mount???

The kids and I watch it and pick out safety violations and how and why to not do something. AND when something is done correctly that is also pointed out and it was done correctly.

Tags

I have a love/hate relationship with Gold Rush. I love the equipment, love to see how they process the material, love to watch each crew work in their own ways. Hate the show forced drama, the sound edits- last I checked an excavator doesn't sound or rev up and down like a truck from the seventies with a Detroit, but the thing I hate the most is the "surprise reactions" when something "breaks" like a bottom on a D10 is wore out, they didn't know it was wearing out? Or the fact it was close to the end of its life, really?? That may work for folks who know nothing about equipment, but I find it hard to swallow the fact that the thing was worn and would be well known it would need attention sooner than later. Stuff like that makes these guys look dumb and ignorant, when there's no way they are.

Either way I'll keep watching, I've always loved equipment, weather it was running it or watching it, if this was on when I was a kid it woulda been the only thing I watched....

alco

I get a real kick out of how he's on the newer D10N when he supposedly hears the squeaking, but the older machine when he pulls into the yard and they look at the worn out undercarriage. It's so staged, it's not even funny.

pf/l

Occupation
Yup it's stuff like that, that sure makes you wonder. Could be cut and pasted on the editing floor too I supose but most likely it's scripted. The fact that the rails just mysterioiusly wore through though is obviously bs. Wonder how many applications parkers gotten for his job opening.lol.. Tough to find someone I bet with over 5,000 hours experience that wants to go and live in the yukon for fame and glory.lol..

390eric

I love how when he needed a loan to buy the that dozer it was 300,000 tat last episode it was only a 180,000 dollar dozer. Or did I catch that wrong?

lantraxco

I love how when he needed a loan to buy the that dozer it was 300,000 tat last episode it was only a 180,000 dollar dozer. Or did I catch that wrong?

Two different dozers I think, the old one they put a used set of tracks on last season? One would kind of assume that the one he just bought somebody would have thought to look at the bushings, his Dad if nobody else?

Shimmy1

Back when they delivered it, if I'm not mis-remembering, I thought the rails looked pretty fresh. I could also believe that the interest in the show would not be much less without all the fake drama and BS. My 5 year old doesn't care at all, though. He'd watch it if it was worse than a B-movie.

R.D.G013

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator/foreman for about 48yrs o
Back when they delivered it, if I'm not mis-remembering, I thought the rails looked pretty fresh. I could also believe that the interest in the show would not be much less without all the fake drama and BS. My 5 year old doesn't care at all, though. He'd watch it if it was worse than a B-movie.

Must be the only 700 hp D10 N around, they are usually 520hp.

"acidoil"

My 6 year old is in the same boat.. He loves it and the Bush People after. I thinks its all good its all scripted but there is a lot worse stuff on TV. I cold do with out the bad language he is 6.

Dickjr.

The foul language does get old , I've been known to fire a few in certain situations but not every sentence. Even Tony's daughter curses like a sailor. Parkers rail problem shouldn't be an issue since he has over 2 mill in gold this far. Best part of the show is when they start dumping the gold on the scales. There's a lot of mistakes in the scripting , but its a decent show. The bush people get on my nerves with the fake accent and being so remote they seem to have what ever they need when they need it. Gas , chainsaws , guns , ammo , bananas , apples are a few.

alco

I like how the 700 lost it's pilot pump, so they lost all that production on the overburden side by having to use a 460 to replace it. But they couldn't keep up with the 460, and didn't have enough pay dirt exposed, so they had to shut down the plant when they ran out of pay dirt.

I wonder if anybody told them the loader that feeds the plant could actually load overburden while the plant is down, and help them get caught up stripping?