• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

dump truck hinges loose

ValleyFirewood

I don't think I have ever posted a pic of that truck on there. yeah I am on there too but these days I have more iron than I do 4x4's and don't get the enjoyment I did 15 years ago out of it so many people on the trails.

I don't think you did but I remembered you talking about the dumptruck a bit. I figured there weren't too many folks in Slowdotna with a similar truck.

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Owner operater crushing & contracting business
You better take a closer look at his second picture.... my lord you could throw a tomcat between that pin and pin boss,,, that is more than enough slop to tip that truck on its side. I know he didn't pay much for it, but no sense wrecking it.

While it is better to have the pins and bushes nice and snug, I would not consider that amount of wear to be a big problem. If you think about it, when the body is tipped with a load on it, all of the weight would be bearing down on top of the pin. If it is going to tip over, it will anyway, because the forces that are required to tip a truck over when spreading, would soon twist the chassis.

We had a 25' semi tipper, with at least 1/2' slop in the pin and bushes and we worked it like that for years. I did tip it over eventually, but that was more operator error than the worn pivots.

RnR.

rmk4x4

I rigged up a line boring bar few nights ago and got my bosses turned out to 2.25 so looks like I can just up the pin size. I am picking up some cold roll for the pins tomorrow and turn them down from 2.25 if I need to. I did the truck end as well and I think it will work out. sorry no pics I am not allowed to have my phone in the shop the wife got tired of buying new phones every few months. I think it will work out well not what to paint it with. My local Columbia paints has some urathan paint for 55 a gallon I am thining of trying it they use it on the oil platforms and it holds up well and with salt and our weather that is saying somthing

rmk4x4

I like it when people update threads got the bed and and hyro tank painted the bed turned out to need a lot of small things done img_0157.jpgimg_0158.jpgimg_0160.jpgimg_0163.jpgimg_0166.jpg

rmk4x4

img_0175.jpgimg_0179.jpg I am doing the cab and frame now I HATE painting and prep work and this year seem like everything is in need of it I sprayed the bed with a airless sprayer with a fine finish tip and it came out well not perfect but good enough for a dump box

lugnut

Hey have a customer looking at a freightliner with a mbe4000 475 horse. I haven't been around any of them just cats and cummins. Anyone have any experience with these motors good or stay away from the my thanks for any input

JDOFMEMI

Glad it made a difference for you.

Thanks for the updates. It looks like you made a really nice truck out of what you had.

lantraxco

Is there a chain or cable connected to the box somewhere that pulls the control valve to neutral when the box is full up? Most dumps have these and it keeps the telescopic cylinder from topping out, might be part of the reason it's sticking at the top....