• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Your dozer photos

Radrock

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Has anyone operated the D7E Electric? It's a crazy ride. I did for a day. I about broke my right foot as there is no decelerator pedal.

Here is a picture I had to share but this is not me. I told him there was a shaft there. His eye sure did widen...:confused:

This is a D8T with a single shank ripper. Where's the ripper you say??

IMG_0156.jpg

sfogi

Beautiful machine @Metalman 55!
Lots of snow here aswell. Like too much snow actually. More than the usual.

nicky 68a

taken this year

Attachments

• 10352837_1564142720479781_5611560449240276923_n - Copy.jpg
    10352837_1564142720479781_5611560449240276923_n - Copy.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,585
  • mms_img-1153686364.jpg
    mms_img-1153686364.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 1,575

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Has anyone operated the D7E Electric? It's a crazy ride. I did for a day. I about broke my right foot as there is no decelerator pedal.

I was privileged to play with one for an hour after work one day. Our dirt sub on my project had rented a D6 but they did not have one available so they gave them the D7E to try out until they got the D6 in. Having had very little time in newer stuff, it was a hoot for me to take a couple feet off the top of a knob. I believe it will push twice what my 1953 2U D8 will push and at a much higher cycle time.

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
Sounds like fun.You must have had 2' of frost this time of the year.Ron G

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
I worked for a company near the end of my career that had some A/C machines,one was a cute little JD 450H that the boss bought for himself I heard but that was sure nice to have spreading dry topsoil.I smiled a lot during the day just thinking about where I came from.We also had an D8N with A/C.I somehow just felt guilty running those things and they were (the company) quite fussy about their machines being used with the doors/windows being open while they were in operation and I don't blame them I guess but old habits die hard.We also had an old D8H that I enjoyed running just as much:))I had run several A/C equipped machines in the past but the A/C did not work which made it worse.That same company also had some dozers with no cab but had heaters under the seat.I think the worse machine for ventilation that I had to use was an Ackerman EC200 and the machine had no cross ventilation,you could not open any windows except for the front one and the door.When bedding pipe with dry stone the cloud of stone dust that was produced would blast you right back in the cab and choke you to death.You would wet the stone beforehand when you could but even that did not always get done.
The cheapos that I worked for bought the machine with no A/C of course and had no consideration for their help.Ron G

Radrock

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator

I was privileged to play with one for an hour after work one day. Our dirt sub on my project had rented a D6 but they did not have one available so they gave them the D7E to try out until they got the D6 in. Having had very little time in newer stuff, it was a hoot for me to take a couple feet off the top of a knob. I believe it will push twice what my 1953 2U D8 will push and at a much higher cycle time.

I thought it was pretty good at pushing dirt myself. It has about 20 speeds you can work with and you can program it to start at any one you like. My biggest thing was that it didn't have a decelator pedal but you don't need one on it.

grk82

Screenshot_2014-11-21-22-23-50.jpg
Here's my New Holland 75, I know they are not real popular but it has been a great grading dozer.

Outasite

After sitting sixteen years outdoors,I bought this needing a rehab.After new clutches and brakes,paint and now complete bottom and blade rebuild,it's ready to go.It came with the trailer,so it got a rebuild as well?image.jpg