• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Why buy a track loader?

lonkinggroup

There are two choices in front of me, the tracked loaders and the wheeled loaders. How do i know which to choose? In which circumstances should i buy the tracked one?

770G

Track loaders are mainly used when you need floatation..... Places where you'd just get buried/stuck in a rubber tire loader. But also they have to be trailered everywhere, with rubber tires you can road from job site to job site.....if close enough lol

Last edited:

joispoi

If you're sitting in front of a plate of food and you have a spoon and a fork in front of you, how do you know which one to use?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I like the way you think! Now, using the same logic: you've got a half can of sardines and a roll of toilet paper in front of you.....how do you know which one you need?

Me...I would err on the side of caution, feed the sardines to the dog and take the toilet paper.:cool2

Patriot_RAM

I've been looking for an older track loader with a hoe on the back for farm type use. I've seen a couple for sale, but it looks like they weren't the most common setup.

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
lonkinggroup would just pick up his chop sticks joispoi. He does not have to make decisions of fork or spoon. Or in his case instead of a loader just go get 400 chinese with shovels.

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
Patriot. I have a John Deere 450C with a John Deere 95 backhoe. It has a quicktatch system where you can have the hoe unhooked and removed, or back on in a very few minutes. If interested send me a pm.

I am ready to part with it.

rabia

Banned
I think it all depends upon your need. find out your need and determine characteristic of truck loader and wheel loader and choose which fulfill your needs.