• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Where is my hydraulic fluid?

Jonathan01

I am trying to drain the hydraulic fluid out of my T-300 hi-flow, I drained about 9 gallons and I am trying to find the other 4 gallons I am supposed to have. I drained the hydraulic reservoir, the tilt and lift cylinders, the power bob-tach, and the auxiliary hydraulic quick couplers. Would the other 4 gallons be in the hydraulic pumps and motor? If it is in the pumps and motors, how would I drain the fluid out?
Thanks for all the help in advance.

Jonathan

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
You do not need to drain the pumps or motors. Some fluid will be in the pump and motor lines. It would be a real pain in the butt if you did. And not a good idea to do so.Just refill unit and run with that little bit of old oil.

Last edited:

Jonathan01

I have beed busy the last couple of days. A while ago I had a good size leak in the hydraulics, and at that time all we had was regular hydraulic oil, so we had a good bit of regular hydraulic fluid in my bobcat. I would like to get as much of this fluid out, so I can have more of the right Bobcat hydraulic fluid in it. Does anybody know how I can get most of the last 4 gallons of hydraulic fluid out?

mrfixitpaul

Just start disconnecting the large hoses that go to the drive motors, at the pump end, and you'll get some more fluid out. The drive motors have the fittings on top, so unless you remove the motor mainframe and tip it upside down, the oil will stay in it.

If you are still concerned about the leftovers, fill the system with new oil, run it a little, then drain it all again. This will help flush out the ?? oil.

Jonathan01

Just start disconnecting the large hoses that go to the drive motors, at the pump end, and you'll get some more fluid out. The drive motors have the fittings on top, so unless you remove the motor mainframe and tip it upside down, the oil will stay in it.

If you are still concerned about the leftovers, fill the system with new oil, run it a little, then drain it all again. This will help flush out the ?? oil.

Thanks, I was thinking to try that, is there anything I have to worry about being that everything is pretty much drained. I plan on filling it up to the sight glass, run it for a couple minutes, the top it off. I am not worried about draining it a second time.

Tsanch

Bobcat hydraulic oil is special in the additives it has. You can get the same exact oil as Chevron Rykon. Thats what I used in my T300. With over 4000 hours it's still going strong. You shouldn't need to worry too much about the small amount of "regular" hydraulic oil in it. That just does not have the extra anti wear additives is all. In dire emergency I have put AW32 in mine before