• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo EC25 warning lights

Adman22

Hi all, first post here. I have googled for this. And I have already got the service manual, but that doesn’t help for this. I guess the original operators manual would.

I have a warning light on. I assume it’s telling me the hydraulic fluid is low… perhaps. It’s the second from bottom on the picture.

Can anyone tell me for certain what it means?

Also, I have the engine stop light on. It’s been running a bit rough for a while. I just adjusted the valve clearances and it runs well now, but the engine light is still on. Does it need to be reset, or is there still something wrong..?
Thanks,
Adam.
IMG_5361.jpeg

Adman22

Hi Uffex, that’s very helpful, thank you!

I don’t suppose you know the answer to my second question about the engine stop light do you, and whether that needs to be reset? It sounds to me like it’s running sweetly but I don’t want to risk it with the Stop light still being on.
Thanks,
Adam.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Can you please tell me which engine is in your machine?
Kind regards
Uffex

Adman22

It’s a 2004 EC25 with a Mitsubishi S3L2.
Thanks for your quick replies, really appreciate it.
Adam.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Adam
You have a couple of reasons -high engine temperature - low oil pressure, if you get the warning when the motor is cold only leaves one choice. See attached
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• EC25 Shut down.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 13

Adman22

Good day Adam
You have a couple of reasons -high engine temperature - low oil pressure, if you get the warning when the motor is cold only leaves one choice. See attached
Kind regards
Uffex
Thanks, that’s helpful. The engine was running a bit lumpy, and stalled at low revs on start. The Stop light wasn’t on at that point.

It came on when the engine was hot, and now stays on when cold. I guess that points to low oil pressure, or a dodgy oil pressure sensor?

Appreciate your support - and knowledge.
Adam.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Adam
I suggest you make investigation a priority, the longer you run a sick motor the more it is likely to cost to repair.
Kind regards
Uffex