• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vancouver Island, BC. Logging at its Best!

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Here's an article out of a local news paper about WFI's Meades Creek camp in the Cowichan Valley on Lake Cowichan , given to me by Squeaky Fortin.scan1084.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Gordy I. Brand new 1967 LW 924 "Canadian" Kenworth for Ronnie Mattin - Duncan B.C. This truck was in a late 1960's Movie called " Five Easy Pieces " starring Jack Nicholson and filmed at " The Red Rooster Cafe & Gas Station " near Crofton Rd. & Highway #1 North of Duncan B.C.scan1096.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Gordy I. Rick Mattin told me his uncle Ron Mattin & Don Blundell each bought a new LW Kenworth at the same time in 1967 , and had their pickup's painted to match their trucks. "A Class Act " for 1967 !scan1097.jpgscan1098.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Gordy I. Ron Mattin , John Robinson , Don Blundell's LW scan1099.jpg- Kenworths parked loaded , ( probably waiting for the scales to close )

Last edited:

camptramp

Occupation
Gordy I. A line up of loaded Kenworths hauling for Malloch & Moseley at Mackay Lake , including Don Blundell and John Robinson .scan2000.jpg

Last edited:

camptramp

Occupation
Gordy I. Cragg Creek Logging ( Eric Longland & Sons owners ) Logged for years for the Kapoor family around Victoria Watershed . pictures taken at High Oaks Farm on Grandville Ave. in Saanich B.C. Summer 2000 . Originally bought new by Gary Kershaw , ran as K & L Trucking , hauled for Cragg Cr. Logging , was taken over by Cragg Cr Logging , Then Malloch Logging 2003 , then Cloned and painted as a Malloch & Moseley truck , now owned by Gordy Isacson. 1972 LW924 Kenworth orig. engine : NTA 370 Cummins Trans. : RTO 12513 Diffs. : SSHD-44's 4:63-1 scan2004.jpgscan2005.jpgscan2006.jpgscan2007.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Gordy I Cragg Creek Logging 1979 359 Peterbuilt , Detroit V8-92 (Silver) engine was tuned to 490 HP (est.) Gordy say's it was a Hot Rod in its day , Fuller 125-15 Trans , 44,000 Diff's. Bought new by Cragg Creek Logging in 1979 . Picture taken at Longlands High Oak Farm Saanich B.C.scan2010.jpgscan2011.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Gordy I Cragg Creek Logging , Summer 2000 , 1979 359 Peterbuilt log truck driver Gordy I , loader Hitachi EX-200 combo machine operator Cameron Longland , logging in Niagara Area in Victoria Watershed ,logging for Kapoor'sscan2014.jpgscan2015.jpgscan2016.jpgscan2017.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Gordy I Cragg Creek Logging Ltd. Summer of 2000 , hauling logs off Niagara M/L and Access M/L for Kapoors in Victoria Watershed , with 359 Peterbuilt .scan2018.jpgscan2019.jpgscan2020.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Gordy I Cragg Creek Logging , Loading Log Truck in behind Niagara M/L in Victoria Watershed for Kapoor's , Loading operator Cam Longland Truck driver Gordy Isacson Landing Bucker Jeff Gill .2000scan2023.jpgscan2024.jpgscan2025.jpgscan2026.jpg

250explorer

Island logging trucks! Always a beauty to see on the logging roads. Not the best to meet without prior notice though! Island trucks hauling real timber, Alberta loggers need not apply!

The old man's new truck with a friendly driver near the highway turn off to Port Alice, BC
small.jpg

Truck on the SW side of Victoria Lake
logging.jpg

Smoking coming down a hill near Manyard Lake
DSC_0584.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Gordy I Cragg Creek Logging Niagara area Summer 2000 2nd picture Landing Bucker Jeff Gill standing on load , Loader operator Cam Longland standing by Jeep , 3rd picture Cam Longland standing in front of truck , truck driver Gordy Isacson leaning on fender.scan2027.jpgscan2028.jpgscan2029.jpg