• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vancouver Island, BC. Logging at its Best!

RCP57

Occupation
commercial fisherman/part time elf
Here's a few shots from our camping trip last week...
The fun started with following HDX to a sweet camping spot...
IMG_3826.jpg
After the boys left for the day my wife and I rode my motor bike to the top of the hill just to check out the view. Without the logging roads and a clear cut my wife and I would have never shared this view!....
IMG_3827.jpg
The next afternoon we were able to watch some of the action from a safe distance...
IMG_3831.jpg
IMG_3835.jpg
IMG_3846.jpg

Thanks again Steve for a good couple of days. My wife was telling her co-workers about the great time we had watching you guys. I guess they don't have the same interests as us because she said they just looked at her and you could hear crickets. Oh well, I guess we are simple people and easily entertained!lol

I have a few more pictures and some video if anyone wants me to post it.

Reg

dirty4fun

Reg. If you don't post them you better not show your face again. Besides the pictures are great, helps having a good camera. Oh yeah the camera man has a lot to do with the great picturpictures. Thanks for sharing!

Black prince. I think the loader was a Cypress, with a steel boom that will extend.

I road 600 miles today with only the first 1.5 hours on the interstate. Even rode a few miles of real rough gravel. Made to Wilson WY. for lunch. They have the best huevous rancheros I have ever eaten. Been having them there for 30 years. Was.going to go farther north but a storm started building fast. Then the temperature dropped, a quick turn around and headed east. Stayed a head of it pulled off the road and watched it pour just north of me. Two people said there was 1.5" hail so lucked out again. Am in Casper WY sure can tell that there is an oil boom around.

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
RCP57,there you go,another country heard from. 2 votes for more pictures! Hello Jim, good to hear from you. Sounds like the trip is going well. At this pace when will you be home? Are you taking a bit more time going as compared to your trip out to our land?

RCP57

Occupation
dirty4fun, I'm glad to hear you are doing well! Sounds like you are enjoying the trip home and hopefully planning the next trip back to Sarita.

Since I have 2 votes, here are some more pictures. I believe Kim took all but 3 of these pictures so the credit must go to her. I think I was busy getting a lesson about running a super snorkel...
IMG_3832.jpg
IMG_3833.jpg
IMG_3834.jpg
IMG_3836.jpg
IMG_3837.jpg
More to come....

dirty4fun

Thanks for posting Kim's excellent pictures. That was when you were giving Glen some pointers on how to operate a log loader, right!

Got to a motel covered the bike and watched the storm roll in. Cut that just a little bit to close. Will see what the weather is like tomorrow and try to stay dry. It had rained here before I arrived, when I stopped at the intersection the street was so oily my feet kept slipping. It would not have looked very good to lay my Goldwing down. Talk about a slow steady take off and turn.

No plans for a return to Sarita but if the Lord is willing you can bet I will be back. Next time I hope to see you and your dad's boat Reg. Never knew that there were so many really nice people in one place, so I will be back. It was tough to leave but will be easy to return!!!

RCP57

Occupation
Thanks for posting Kim's excellent pictures. That was when you were giving Glen some pointers on how to operate a log loader, right!

Got to a motel covered the bike and watched the storm roll in. Cut that just a little bit to close. Will see what the weather is like tomorrow and try to stay dry. It had rained here before I arrived, when I stopped at the intersection the street was so oily my feet kept slipping. It would not have looked very good to lay my Goldwing down. Talk about a slow steady take off and turn.

No plans for a return to Sarita but if the Lord is willing you can bet I will be back. Next time I hope to see you and your dad's boat Reg. Never knew that there were so many really nice people in one place, so I will be back. It was tough to leave but will be easy to return!!!

Haha, I don't think I was giving any pointers! I had my eyes and ears open and my mouth shut until I was spoken to! Glenn was great though and he makes the job look easy.

If you make it back, I would love to show you around the fishing side of things. Don't be fooled about everyone being so nice. We all have bad days, you just happened to arrive when we were all happy.lol

a few more pictures...
IMG_3849.jpg
IMG_3850.jpg
IMG_3856.jpg
IMG_3857.jpg
IMG_3858.jpg

dirty4fun

More great pictures, thanks. Glen makes it look pretty easy. Looking forward to seeing the fishing side also. I will take my chances that everyone will be in a tolerable mood. After all I bring out only the best in people!

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Do you know who was standing with three kids in front of truck 191 ?????
Which posting # Len.
If you were looking at posting #1439 Lorne Cameron who use to be personal manager at Harris Creek is standing there with his children Jimmy , Rick and Wendy.

Last edited:

Len Burton

Occupation
Retired
1958logd (3).jpg Can anyone tell me if this is Bill Hewlett and his kids David, Donna and Mark ???????

dirty4fun

Home what a long day, but made it, so I can do it again another day. After being chased by the storm the night before into Casper WY. Got up early as I always do, and started riding. Light rain but not bad, after the first stop for gas I put on my rain pants as the skies were getting darker instead of brighten from the sun rising. All total it was either raining or wet pavement for 400 miles, thankfully I have good rain gear. Oh when I put on my rain pants I put on my heated jacket. Makes things nice and warm while riding, even thou the day was wet. Stopped at Cabela's in Sidney WY picked up a couple pairs of shorts and stretched the legs. It was cool most of the way home after riding in 104 degree temps. the day before. Jacket felt good so it made for nice riding. Once I got to Iowa I figured I might as well keep going thou my rear end was getting kind of tender. I hate riding at night but with only two hours from home continued on, put on the heated jacket again. Just as well pamper myself. Got back to my shop where I keep the bike and my truck. Went in only to see my work truck was gone, my friend a mechanic had said he would work on the steering. You don't drive it you wander from one side of the road then back. No problem my good truck is there. Unloaded the junk out of the bike into the good truck, to head to my place. Of course the only keys I have for my place are in the work truck. Since my place is a toy hauler camper, I had not locked the rear ramp. Dropped that down turned on the lights, in that part. The TV is on hinges so you can watch TV in the back part, also. Had to crawl through that hole to get into the living room to push the buttons to open the slides. Turn on the water heater and hit the bed. Total riding for Wednesday 1051 miles total for the trip 5300 miles.

I want to thank everyone who made it a point to meet me one more time. You guys are the greatest, that and seeing everything made it the best vacation I have had. In many ways I wish I had stayed longer, part of the reason was I had construction work for others to do. That and I knew if I stayed much longer I wouldn't go home. When Steve had said you might like it so well you wouldn't want to go home boy was he ever right. It sure is beautiful country there, but the warmth of the people is the part that makes it all so special. Thank you once again Steve for inviting me out to ride with him, and see the logging equipment. Oh I will be back again, to see all my new found friends!

RCP57

Occupation
I'm glad to hear that you made it home safe Jim! Wow 1051 miles in one day...OUCH! Be sure to post whatever pictures and video you took while you were here too.

Reg