• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Trbo's Gallery of stuff

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Aggregate Utility, Maintence Welder
Cool pics trbo!! do you drive the tractor trailer?

Thanks, yes I was driving the tractor that I took the photo of hauling the pipe. We have 3 tractors for moving equipment and such on the WI side and 2 or 3 on the IA side. With quarry stripping I usually move equipment in, am the foreman while working then move it back out to the next job when finished. Always somthing for me to do.

Trbo

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Weekend project, digging under the deck to make room to store firewood for the winter. Nice lil project, got the mini and the skid loader in there and bought a nice load of a friend that works for the rail road and finding gravel wasn't a problem. Used rebar to "tie" the ties to eachother and tiled and clean stone for back drainage with fabric on the dirt side and plastic on the tie side. Have it back filled but not finished as I have some other thing in the back to do so might as well finish it all at once.

Trbo

1. lil rainy in the early morning hours when I started digging.
2.roughly dug out, Joe taking some measurements.
3.First tie set and stringing out the other leg.
4. digging the drain line for the tile.
5.My engineer and grunt(actually a guy that is awesome at all he does).

Attachments

• IMG_0816 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0816 (Small).JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 695
  • IMG_0817 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0817 (Small).JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 698
  • IMG_0820 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0820 (Small).JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 691
  • IMG_0821 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0821 (Small).JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 689
  • IMG_0823 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0823 (Small).JPG
    61 KB · Views: 693
Last edited:

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Few more to the almost finished product.

Trbo

1. Joe, working harder than he EVER does at work(hwy dept employee).
2.Fabric up, plastic up, and just installing a brace on the wall.
3.clean stone in halfway up.
4. Kinda an overview.
5. Wall finished, all is left to do is out side stuff and some material on the inside.

Attachments

• IMG_0825 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0825 (Small).JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 692
  • IMG_0829 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0829 (Small).JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 682
  • IMG_0830 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0830 (Small).JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 692
  • IMG_0835 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0835 (Small).JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 686
  • IMG_0832 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0832 (Small).JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 686
Last edited:

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Haven't had time to post anything lately, nor have i really taken a TON of pics but here are a few from the past few weeks.

Enjoy
Trbo

1. The TD-15C, we take this on almost every stripping project.
2. Let the boss man run my excavator for a few hours one afternoon so i bounce around in the haul truck.
3. Kelly comming back with the Volvo 40D.
4. Lil bit of grubbing work, and its SNOWING.
5. Pushing up a brush pile.

Attachments

• 100_2588.jpg
    100_2588.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,172
  • 100_2590 (Small) (2).jpg
    100_2590 (Small) (2).jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 1,170
  • 100_2589 (Small).jpg
    100_2589 (Small).jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,171
  • 100_2594 (Small).jpg
    100_2594 (Small).jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,165
  • 100_2600 (Small).jpg
    100_2600 (Small).jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,171
Last edited:

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Few more pics from quarry moving to blasting and someone a bit stuck(not me), and a lil wash out pond clean up.

Trbo

1. One crushing crew is done and moving to another quarry.
2. New shot at one quarry.
3. Found the only pile of dirt and HAD to drive over it.
4. Getting started on the washout pit.
5. More digging to go.

Attachments

• 100_2595 (Small).jpg
    100_2595 (Small).jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 1,167
  • 100_2604 (Small).jpg
    100_2604 (Small).jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,167
  • 100_2608 (Small).jpg
    100_2608 (Small).jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,165
  • 100_2614 (Small).jpg
    100_2614 (Small).jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,161
  • 100_2615 (Small).jpg
    100_2615 (Small).jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,161
Last edited:

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Well winter has fully reached us with sub zero temps and about 5 inches of snow on the ground as of 12/16. However a major storm is brewing which is promising to put upwards of 20 inches on the ground by the end of the weekend. As always the wind is supposed to blow like crazy so I'm sure I'll be getting some time in the townships "big yella fella"(road grader). This should put a stop to the fall stripping we have been working on which will allow me to get machines moved in for winter work.

Trbo

1. Narrow pass on one of our smaller quarries, haul trucks had to back down into where i was loading them.
2.Working further back.
3. First morning with snow, temp was about -5 with a good wind blowing.
4. Haul truck backing up to the dump area.

Attachments

• 100_2616 (Small).jpg
    100_2616 (Small).jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,049
  • 100_2617 (Small).jpg
    100_2617 (Small).jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1,044
  • 100_2620 (Small).jpg
    100_2620 (Small).jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,054
  • 100_2623 (Small).jpg
    100_2623 (Small).jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,041

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Few more pics, last quarry stripped before winter(well least before we stopped). With the snow they are talking and the frost in the ground its pretty much past the time of being efficient so time to get machines back in the shop.

Trbo

1. Looking down below at the crushing crew, loader feeding the jaw.
2. First pass, taking out the berm and making enough room to load trucks below for next pass.
3. Fresh snow on the quarry floor.
4. Once again, being a nice guy letting the boss run my excavator, so he doesn't have to bounce around in the haul truck all day long.

Attachments

• 100_2625 (Small).jpg
    100_2625 (Small).jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,018
  • 100_2624 (Small).jpg
    100_2624 (Small).jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,056
  • 100_2622 (Small).jpg
    100_2622 (Small).jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1,048
  • 100_2631 (Small).jpg
    100_2631 (Small).jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,042
Last edited:

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
Haven't had time to post anything lately

You too?
I finally got last weekend off.
All 48 hours worth.
I'm not going to go into details of what I did with those 48 hours :eek:
but brother, I needed that!

I'm sitting here in Riverside this morning.
ECCO delivered me the same D8 that I ran a while back while filling in the trenches.
I'll be digging a 3 million gallon reservoir here so we can develop a well we're digging.
Oh yeah, It will be nice to get back in the saddle for a bit.
:cool:

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
great pics EZ,

Looking at your last set of photos, I have a question... Once that pass is completed, will you be placing a berm on the edge before the trucks drop down below? I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, just curious...

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Cool pics! Is the snow getting in the way or is it helping to keep the soil stable, or is it just turning it into rock when cold, mud when thawed?

EZ TRBO

Occupation
You too?
I finally got last weekend off.
All 48 hours worth.
I'm not going to go into details of what I did with those 48 hours :eek:
but brother, I needed that!

I'm sitting here in Riverside this morning.
ECCO delivered me the same D8 that I ran a while back while filling in the trenches.
I'll be digging a 3 million gallon reservoir here so we can develop a well we're digging.
Oh yeah, It will be nice to get back in the saddle for a bit.
:cool:

Glad to hear you are going to do so dirt moving again. Its been awhile and although you have been busy I am sure you are excited to be back on a dozer. Have fun.

Trbo

EZ TRBO

Occupation
great pics EZ,

Looking at your last set of photos, I have a question... Once that pass is completed, will you be placing a berm on the edge before the trucks drop down below? I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, just curious...

No offense taken, honestly somtimes we do and somtimes we don't. Its hard to tell in the pics but with the haul trucks they are a fair distance away, I understand that somthing could happen where it could go off but I also know that a berm that is required to STOP one would have to be VERY large(even though MSHA only requires it to be half the height of the tallest tire on the road. I belive they explain it as an "OPEN FACE". Not sure of all the exacts on it but we have had inspectors there while stripping and they have not had any problems with the way were were doing it. Once we are finished for this round of stripping there will be a berm along the entire thing(not at the rock face but where we stop the dirt).

Trbo

Last edited:

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Cool pics! Is the snow getting in the way or is it helping to keep the soil stable, or is it just turning it into rock when cold, mud when thawed?

Thanks, last friday(Dec 12th) was the last day we were moving dirt. Had about 4 inches on the ground it the snow actually insulates the ground keeping the frost from going down. However, the weather became very cold(temps in the single to below zero digits) and its hard on the machines and so on and so forth so we shut down, as well as our 3 crushing spreads for the winter. Yesterday we were treated to about 12 inches of snow with 4 to 7 for tonight and talking another big storm comming in middle of the week that they are saying 7 to 9. Glad we got things moved back to the shop and good time to work on them.

Trbo

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
No offense taken, honestly somtimes we do and somtimes we don't. Its hard to tell in the pics but with the haul trucks they are a fair distance away, I understand that somthing could happen where it could go off but I also know that a berm that is required to STOP one would have to be VERY large(even though MSHA only requires it to be half the height of the tallest tire on the road. I belive they explain it as an "OPEN FACE". Not sure of all the exacts on it but we have had inspectors there while stripping and they have not had any problems with the way were were doing it. Once we are finished for this round of stripping there will be a berm along the entire thing(not at the rock face but where we stop the dirt).

Trbo

Makes perfect sense. I know in our quarries, when they are getting ready to drill a bench and shoot it they will push off the berm making that "open face", so I imagine that the area you guys are stripping were not gonna have any traffic on them again until the drills came in. Just a thought:beatsme

IN the end all you really need to please is the MSHA inspectors and your own employees, if they all think it's up to snuff then it's all good:drinkup

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Makes perfect sense. I know in our quarries, when they are getting ready to drill a bench and shoot it they will push off the berm making that "open face", so I imagine that the area you guys are stripping were not gonna have any traffic on them again until the drills came in. Just a thought:beatsme

IN the end all you really need to please is the MSHA inspectors and your own employees, if they all think it's up to snuff then it's all good:drinkup

Yes the only traffic that will be on there once we are done with the stripping will be the drill and the blast trucks. If it is going to be a long while before particular spot is going to be shot then we will berm it up with some gravel or rock(something that can be tossed into the floor and mixed with the shot.

As long as MSHA is ok with things then should be good to go.

Trbo

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Been off here for a bit, which is kinda nice to get some things done around the house and relax(yeah right). Have been plowing snow some, mostly with the grader. Did have to go move a grader for the highway dept the other day, had an engine go south. Other than that been working around at the firehouse some and actually have had the snowmobile out and putting on some miles. But ready to get my machines into the shop for winter work, have plenty to do on my dozer and excavator for sure.

Trbo

Few pics of the down grader and myself out plowing for the township.

Attachments

• 100_2641 (Small).jpg
    100_2641 (Small).jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 704
  • 100_2642 (Small).jpg
    100_2642 (Small).jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 702
  • 100_2643 (Small).jpg
    100_2643 (Small).jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 698
  • 100_2644 (Small).jpg
    100_2644 (Small).jpg