• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Trailering multiple skid steer attachments

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Talking trucks, I would go with a 3500 DRW. I wouldn't even consider a 2500. Get as much capacity as you can, both in truck and trailer. I use a '20 Chevy 3500 DRW, and my gooseneck is a 35' Diamond C trailer at 24K GVW with 14 ply tires, but whatever you chose, plan for the future. Much cheaper to buy a little more than you need now, than having to rebuy later. Not to mention if you need to rent a bigger excavator or something, you would have the ability to trailer it yourself (within reason). You will need a CDL, but trying to run under the CDL limits completely kills your ability to carry what you need to make money for most people.

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
I was lucky to find a 16 foot dump trailer with an 8 x8 deck above the gooseneck. I can carry most of my attachments up there on the neck.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231217-192148.png
    Screenshot_20231217-192148.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 8