• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Some random work pictures.

Lee-online

Lee,
Did you get a picture of the gen set on the 7E?
Thanks
Bob

Sorry Bob, just the pic in post #62. The generator was not removed, just the drive unit.

I do have a pic of the two ECM's for the Generator and the drive motors. They are mounted on the power inverter.

Attachments

• work 006a.jpg
    work 006a.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 2,295

Lee-online

Those are some cool pics. Looks like you enjoy your job!

Thanks.

I really do enjoy my job, if i didn't i would find another line of work. I work with a great bunch of guys who all seem to get along. The bosses are ok and pretty much let us do our thing.
Sure, there are crappy days when you are mired in grease and dirt but they are rare.

Lee-online

A couple more of the 583H. This is a cool machine. I like to see them being repaired the right way so they get plenty more years out of it.
583h 001a.jpg

Looking over it, there are a few differences between it and a D8K. Most noticeable is no E-bar. Side frames are mounted solid.
583h 002a.jpg

A transmission out of a 725. Rebuilt, tested and ready to go back in. These are a PITA to remove and i am glad I did not have to remove this one.
583h 003a.jpg

583h 004a.jpg

koldsteele

Occupation
Owner Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Lee you got to let me know who your cleanup guy is ..................I would offer him steaks and beer ..Its nice to work that clean.. You should tip more than 10 percent ...

Lee-online

here is my first attempt at scanning.

I have a box of pictures from my army days.

Removing a blown Mercedes engine from a snow cat in Bosnia.

Attachments

• bosnia snow track small.jpg
    bosnia snow track small.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 2,069

Lee-online

Here is our HEMTT wrecker.

hemtt wrecker 001.jpg

We used it to recover just about everything from every situation over the course or the year. It didn't help that we deployed from TX and most of the guys had never seen snow let alone drive in it.

Lee-online

How did they ruin a Mercedes diesel?

Grunts can and will destroy any and everything.

They rolled the machine over onto its side. Without calling for backup, they got it upright and then fired it right up.

As we all know, the oil had filled a cylinder and as soon as it started it bent the rod and then threw it through the block.

This is a nice little engine, it runs so smooth and quiet even though it is right next to you under a fibreglass housing.

Here is a crappy pic on me and a buddy working on it.

I am on the left in the coveralls. Notice my tools, thats all of them, no impacts just basic sockets and wrenches.

susvee 001.jpg

quackattak

Good pic lee, my run around car is a 240d with the 4cyl benz. I don't think you need many more tools than what you have to keep one going. Interesting the different applications the MB diesel are in.

Lee-online

D5h getting a new undercarriage. Adjusters were resealed. It is waiting on approval to repair the e-bar pins and bearings.
d5h 003a.jpg

d5h 001a.jpg

330c, boom removed for welding repair work. Also repairing a list of problems found
330c 002a.jpg

Lee-online

A drive through the yard.

Some more excavators getting track shoes. These are 320D and are getting double grouser shoes. The 329D and 336D got single grouser. A customer purchased 15 excavators and is replacing the shoes on them all.

320d  005a.jpg

320d 004a.jpg

365C just showed up today.
365c 007a.jpg

This tired looking D10N has been in the yard for a few months. Not sure what the story is on it.
d10n 006a.jpg

Lee-online

Boom from the 330c Getting repaired. This is a cat approved repair following their procedures.

Machine has almost 10K hours and the boom cracked. The bottom plate is removed to access the baffle. inspection inside found no other cracks, just the one on the side that was visible.

Boom is upside down. Bottom plate section is replaced with new when cut off even though it was not cracked. Specs for the plate are in the repair procedure.
boom 001a.jpg

All seams are cleaned and beveled. An original weld on the side is cut out.
boom 002a.jpg

All welds have a backing strip to weld through to. Side plates beveled. This is the baffle inside that strengthens the boom.
boom 003a.jpg