• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Some oddball questions

RobVG

Occupation
17 excavators and a stewpot of other stuff
I'll start out with one but I'm sure I'll come up with several.

When you grease the swing pinion and ring gear, the manuals tell you to measure the depth of the grease. WTF? What difference does it make how deep the grease is as long at the gear faces are covered?

Texclad 2- the only grease that's messier than molly.

Phill

Occupation
land Survey Assistant
just throwing a thought out there, if the weather is really cold, wouldn't the grease get even more tacky ? making it harder for the swing motor work harder ?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Oddball questions eh?

Ok, I'm game...why is it, when the bottom of your foot itches, no amount of kicking, stomping, twisting, praying, or cursing will make it stop itching until you UNLACE YOUR DAMN BOOT, TAKE IT OFF, AND ACTUALLY SCRATCH IT while you're doing 70 mph down a highway??? :mad:

FSERVICE

cause your in way to big a hurry willie, otherwise you would just pull over to scratch ;) lol

King of Obsolete

Occupation
marketing my life style
why can't they make a fuel hose that is flexable all year round? at -33c the hose is great fun to work with out breaking.

thansk
KoO
Published Author

Attachments

• very cold dec 10 2012.jpg
    very cold dec 10 2012.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 882

King of Obsolete

Occupation
marketing my life style
also i whipped up a seat extension for my d6 9u known as The Hood. i should have cut a square hole to toss the chains in not a round one, lol.

thansk
KoO
Published Author

Attachments

• The Hood plowing  dec 10 2012 004.jpg
    The Hood plowing dec 10 2012 004.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 880

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
LoL, the hole is funny enough KoO...but the mental picture of the snow (cold) is hilarious. :D

mitch504

KoO, That fuel hose looks even more vicious than most. It looks like that one is actively on the attack!

That seat on that crawler looks like a great convenience. :D

King of Obsolete

Occupation
marketing my life style
i ran a load during a snow storm in the great white north. the air cleaner on the ford sucked in all the snow which went in to the air compressor. so how many snow flakes did it take to fill the alcohol container??? i had just serviced the alcohol container before the trip and in 11 hours it was full of snow flakes.

thansk
KoO
Published Author

Attachments

• Screaming Ford lots of snow trip dec 02 2012 010 (2).jpg
    Screaming Ford lots of snow trip dec 02 2012 010 (2).jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 854
  • Screaming Ford lots of snow trip dec 02 2012 023.jpg
    Screaming Ford lots of snow trip dec 02 2012 023.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 864
  • Screaming Ford lots of snow trip dec 02 2012 002.jpg
    Screaming Ford lots of snow trip dec 02 2012 002.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 852

Tinkerer

Oddball questions eh?

Ok, I'm game...why is it, when the bottom of your foot itches, no amount of kicking, stomping, twisting, praying, or cursing will make it stop itching until you UNLACE YOUR DAMN BOOT, TAKE IT OFF, AND ACTUALLY SCRATCH IT while you're doing 70 mph down a highway??? :mad:
Ya Willie, You shloud have seen the looks I used to get when I was on a D-8 knocking down fill dirt from a fleet of 631's and there I sit with my shoe off scratcin like there was no tomorrow !