• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Skidder Tires

Ace Grading

Does any know if you can use conventionel tires vers cavlar for skidders? I have 2 Timberjack 460's that I need tires for but can't afford to spend $7500 for two.

JDOFMEMI

You can try. They probably won't last as long, but it may get you by to earn enough with it to buy the right ones.

Sometimes you have to do things like that to survive.

PSDF350

Beg, borrow or steal, whatever it takes to get a good set of firestone. Just not worth it to cheap out on tires for a skidder, as you well know the abuse they take. Might even try and borrow a couple that others have around as a spare till you can afford good ones. Are the ones on there now flat? if not trow a set of chains on and run em till you can afford. The old saying you get what you pay for never was more true than with forestry tires.

Autocar

I have 24.5 x 32's on my grapple skidder $1700 apiece and put on 24.5 x 32 farm tractor tires on the front 10 ply MOST aggravating thing I ever did. Every time I punch a hole in one it's 144 bucks to get it off the rim I will never do it again. I found four tires that another logger pulled off so I will put one at a time on when I have another problem.

Logman

I feel your pain... Just bought 4 Firestone "winter shoes" for our skidder in size 67-43-25. My advice is to shop around until you've called everyone within 7 states. And then shop around some more. There was a $5000.00 difference from low price to high price on the set (including wheels).

Attachments

• 1121091621a.jpg
    1121091621a.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 5,418

Autocar

Yes theres places that retread skidder, tractor, and other tires but if your side walls are cut or bad condition I am told to not waste your money. As far as wear I am not able to say,I have considered retreading mine but the side walls are cut and checked so bad the I just forgot the idea.