• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

River rescue in Iowa

Red Bank

That was awesome! I liked what the Boss said about it probably violated some OSHA rules. Thanks for posting that!

bill5362

Occupation
I own a excavation company and a rolloff container
That is awesome, is nice to see the selflessness toward others.

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
:drinkupI'd Buy him a beer! Fair play to him! and to the crane driver! Alot would'nt risk there job, never mind there lifes!:notworthy

HEO Girl

Here, there, and everywhere in Maine and beyond
Occupation
Fence & Guardrail Installation
cps said:
Alot would'nt risk there job
Man if they got fired for saving a life there is something definitely messed up. I like in the video that there boss was like "I'm sure they violated OSHA a few times, but . . . "

It's sad that her husband or friend died though :(

D5G

I hope they give all involved in the rescue a medal, they sure deserve it! Its good to see people still care about their fellow human beings. Great job, my hat is off to all involved!

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
due credit

Hats off to the whole team, it took some guts and faith in each other to even think about trying an attempt like that. :notworthy

It renews your faith in human nature to see that some are still brave enough to buck the trend and get stuck in and do it NOW! ...not when some jobsworth has done a risk assesment.

JDOFMEMI

Way to go!

Good luck for the woman that the crane was there, and fast thinking and action by the crew to get her hauled out.