• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Plow lines eaten in half

HarleyHappy

Occupation
Welder/Mechanic
Okay, so here’s a new one.
Getting ready for winter here and went to clean up leaves around plow and was going to take the 2 angle lines off as I was going to put some nylon sheathing over and found both plow lines eaten.
One completely in half and the other hanging by a thread.
Bite marks from decent size teeth all over them.
They were the cheap PVC coated lines and have heard squirrels and chippys love the vegetable oil in the PVC coating but never anything like this.
What The F.72150871136__4A6679DA-7F78-4AB0-A487-599FCC0AB5E1.jpeg72150871900__B7FFC279-3F94-4CDF-BAC3-8AFFB94D0B78.jpeg

Tyler d4c

I've seen similar on ac lines I know the system was charged. Got a hole in it got froz3 then finish3d crewing it off

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
Racoon like those "Synflex" lines a lot around here too. They don't bother the regular wire braid lines on outdoor equipment but the local sawmill manufacturer has had several lines "eaten" while new equipment is outside.

HarleyHappy

Occupation
Welder/Mechanic
Sorry folks, look at the lines better.
Those are big teeth.
We live in the woods, have had a bear around a few times but with our dog, she doesn’t miss much.
We have had a deer around that area a few times but never heard of deer doing this.
We have cameras and lights all over.
Any coon, porcupine or woodchuck doesn’t last long around here.
Still weird. Not sure what animal could want to chew plow lines in half.
Lol