• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

paraniod from overheating Bobcat.

AR.223

While Running the Bobcat S185 today heard a loud beep. Looked up to find Temp gauge just enter the red. Quickly throttle down. and limped to nearest air hose. shut off engine just long enough to blow out radiator. Had a film of dust on it. started up and it quickly cooled down back to normal.

Now here is the question? Did it hurt anything?. should I check anything? Machine it a 2012 with 207hrs.

crewchief888

While Running the Bobcat S185 today heard a loud beep. Looked up to find Temp gauge just enter the red. Quickly throttle down. and limped to nearest air hose. shut off engine just long enough to blow out radiator. Had a film of dust on it. started up and it quickly cooled down back to normal.

Now here is the question? Did it hurt anything?. should I check anything? Machine it a 2012 with 207hrs.

as long as you dont run it hot constantly you should be ok.

but...

a thin film of dust shouldnt be enough to overheat an engine.
may want to check the alt belt, and raise the hyd cooler up and see if the radiator is plugged as well.

:drinkup

AR.223

as long as you dont run it hot constantly you should be ok.

but...

a thin film of dust shouldnt be enough to overheat an engine.
may want to check the alt belt, and raise the hyd cooler up and see if the radiator is plugged as well.

:drinkup

it was more like a layer of rice hulls/dust. ran it few hours after blowing out and ran 100%.

AR.223

Didn't know it had this. which brings me peace of mine.

Machine Shutdown Protection

The machine shutdown protection monitors vital machine functions such as engine coolant temperature, oil pressure and hydraulic oil temperature. If a monitored function is out of normal operating range, the system provides an audible alert and warning message. If the issue is severe, the system will shut down the machine to avoid catastrophic failure. Machine shutdown protection is standard on all Bobcat skid-steer loaders, compact track loaders and all-wheel steer loaders.