• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

OMG wtf is this? D4h 3204 engine

JD955SC

Be careful as hell with those belly pans. Don’t ever try to he-man one. Watch out for hinges and pins holding them up on one end...makes it a pain to cleanly drop them

I have seen oil pans rub through because belly pans were never cleaned out

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Had a 980G front end loader come from another plant along with it's normal operator and due to management cutting way back on "Winter Work" took a couple years for me to get permission to take time to drop belly pan on it. Now one has to understand this is a machine that was only used to load customers trucks out of stock piles so how the heck the belly pan got all that stone in there I can't understand. But this loader also needed rear steps replaced on a regular basis!

After finally dropping the belly pan and cleaning it out while replacing leaking pan gasket a few weeks latter I was back in there to replace the oil cooler line that had rusted through! At least the belly pan came off a lot easier that time!