• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Holland / Kobelco E130SR Charge Error

AUminer93

hello, I have a new holland e130sr the display is showing charge error, I have disvovered that the wire at the alternator that should show battery voltage with key on is reading no voltage.

I have the workshop manual and that wire seems to connect direct to the ecu, also powers the hour meter. I have a color, harness number and pin number, but my manual does not show the actual plugs on the controller for reference.

Its the same as a Kobelco E135SR

If anyone has a manual for reference that would be helpful to test the wire directly at the controller.

Thanks in advance!

AUminer93

I found the diagram.

White / red wire from the controller, found it, no voltage when running. Assuming theres a bad cap or transistor on the board somewhere as this circuit does not trigger a relay it runs direct from the controller to the hour meter and alt.

What i did in the mean time is cut the wire, run off a relay / key on voltage with 10a fuse for protection and now we get charging voltage from alternator, I have ruled out a shorted wire. But I would like to know possible causes.

I have 20 plus years working in automotive electrical so its fairly familiar scouring through schematics.

Another question on this machine is how to operate the aux hydraulics?

Kyle Helmke

That white with red stripe is power signal coming from the alternator to the controller and hour meter. Either the wire is broken in the harness or the alternator is not putting the signal out like it should. Just ohm from the alt plug to the controller.
As to you other question does it have a foot pedal or joystick button. Maybe send a picture of the cab and monitor would help.

AUminer93

Gotcha, so its an input now that you mention it, according to the schematic the blue wire at the alt should be showing +24v

AUminer93

Theres connection from the white red to alt, blue wire at the exciter at the alt is showing open, that makes a lot more sense now, so theres a break in that blue wire between the batt relay area and alt

AUminer93

Will grab pics of the cab later but there are 3 buttons on both sticks with the lettering if there was any worn off, the workshop manual doesnt say much about them.

We are gonna be doing a breaker attachment soon.