• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

NEW CAT Compact Track Loader

Digdeep

Its about time they ditched that goofy track system.

:D

I was told that CAT would continue building their "goofy" MTL until at least 2012. I have also been told that if you add up both CAT and ASV machines at least 50% of all track machines sold habe that "goofy" track system.

Coastal

I was told that CAT would continue building their "goofy" MTL until at least 2012. I have also been told that if you add up both CAT and ASV machines at least 50% of all track machines sold habe that "goofy" track system.

At least we agree then its goofy.

Iron Horse

It looks like that same old system that TAK and Deere etc use . When is someone going to build a full steel track undercarriage ? Same O Same O dont they have ANY vision ?

Iron Horse

Don't make me come over there and rough you guys at CAT and ASV Terex up :D. Your current system is the worlds best for a lot of conditions but there is another market for something like this concept . (You will need to work on the toe in a bit tho) Walking track frames , same as a dozer would go anywhere over any terrain (mulched tree stakes) and with the added ability of being able to fit road liner rubber pads . I'll put my order in now :).

Attachments

• high trac.jpg
    high trac.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 2,757
Last edited:

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
That'd be called a D3K or a 450J or a D31. :p

Its hard to believe that the CTL/MTL is so popular (and a growing market share) and the D3 size is an almost dead market..............but since conception the CTL/MTL has done little besides become more like a D3.....maybe the Cat CTL 9-Series really is a compact "Track Loader":confused::rolleyes:...as opposed to a rubber tracked skid steer,,,:confused: I'm confused:bash

jmf

Its still an independent torsion bar system....according to the blurb....your Tak system is solid...and I'd need a verterbrae transplant to live with one.

It's like CAT gave up on anything less than bone jarring comfort. Another good machine for owners who do not operate.

jmf

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Its still an independent torsion bar system....according to the blurb....your Tak system is solid...and I'd need a verterbrae transplant to live with one.

You ain't lying. Good machine but hell on the operator. I hate running the darnt hing now, but I have to every now and then. But Then again I've never been on a skid steer that was easy on the operator.

IowaCat08

i was lucky enough to demo a new 289C for about 8 hours one day a couple weeks ago overall i would say cat finally got it together i didnt notice to many differences between the 289 and the 297C obviously you lose a little bit of ride comfort but it is pretty forgiving on hard ground my only complaint in the short time i was in it was that it was very front heavy when carrying a load it didnt have any counter wieghts on it but its about half scary loading a dumptruck it wanted to fall forward every bucket i lifted up over the box if anyone has any questions maybe i can answer them i feel pretty lucky to have already had some seat time in this new machine

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Its hard to believe that the CTL/MTL is so popular (and a growing market share) and the D3 size is an almost dead market..............but since conception the CTL/MTL has done little besides become more like a D3.....maybe the Cat CTL 9-Series really is a compact "Track Loader"

My T250, in my working conditions, will outwork a D3 - even though it is a Bobcat.:cool: A CTL will cost less to purchase, use less fuel and is easier to transport. To me they are more versatile than the smallest dozers although they are not the "end all be all" either. I can see why they have ate into the small dozer market.

9420pullpan

here ya go I got to run the 299C the other week. It was very nice ride. A hell of alot better than a T190

279C CTL.jpg

289C CTL.jpg

299C CTL.jpg

279C-289C 299C.jpg

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
How's going..... So you didn't like the T190 either....

Not too bad, with the current market and all. I see you and Hoeman are up to more "after hours" shenanigans with the Coal Tour.:D

As far as the T190 goes, I purchased one in '03 and was amazed with the whole "CTL" concept since all I had owned before were wheeled machines. However, the ealier T190 machines were, well not very good. The most aggravating thing about the machine was being underpowered. The hydraulics were slow and became rather "obnoxious" after a couple 100 hours.