• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need mini ex advice

Goat

Duke - it might be worth looking at the Kubota LB 45, JD 110, the Yanmar CBL40, and the JCB MIDI-CX. These are all compact tractor 3pt loader backhoes. They are pretty slick and may do everything you are looking for.

oldtimer53

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
Just a thought, but Case minis like the CX47 is made by Kobelco. We have one with 2000 hrs.(bought new) no problems, good parts availibility(replaced boom cylinder from operator error). Case actually beat Kobelco's price on the same unit by about $3k.

coopers

Anyone familiar with them? I checked the Bobcat 335, Kubota 121. The JCB dozer blade has to be the best size and design out there. The tracks are several inches wider and longer. I don't care for the fiberglass engine/pump covers and the extreme high idle, with the resulting high noise level. Also wonder how the fuel consumption compares to the others?? Controls are either ISO or SAE. All these models are same price--Seattle area.

Go with Kubota!

oldtimer53

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
Nothing I have seen about Bobcats products impress me favorably. Kubota looks OK, but dealers are hard to find here. Maybe different elsewhere. Our Deere dealer handles Gehl, they look more like a shrunken excavator. 2 pumps with shared flow on demand. Don't know about price.

Last edited: