• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need help 763 wil not start

yamahauler

Occupation
maints.
Just about two week ago used my bobcat parked it .Whent back today tride to start it hab no power at key or any where good batt. 13.5 v. good ground.Bad thing is I can't move it to the shop . anyone out there have the same prob.???

td25c

Check battery connection&starter terminals. I bet you will fined a lose connection.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Just about two week ago used my bobcat parked it .Whent back today tride to start it hab no power at key or any where good batt. 13.5 v. good ground.Bad thing is I can't move it to the shop . anyone out there have the same prob.???

Check battery teminals, yes I know you did :) now do it again, check leads - all the way to earth. Check strap from engine to frame. + all way to starter and additional leads on starter.

There must be a fuse box somewhere, check them.

Do you have any work lights, ign warning lights, horn, buzzers.

If non of above then you have a battery or battery lead problem. If you have some of above and it still wont turn over, which do you have?

jwallace

Occupation
heavy equip op/mech
check the cables all the way to the starter. so you can find out where you get your power that goes to the key,some equip.will have the supply on the same terminal at the starter some split off at the battery, if it splits off at the battery make sure that you don't have an inline fuse,you might have to just keep tracinf the cable from the battery feed to the switch, and if necessary probe into the cable along the way. I assume that you have tested for power at the switch with a light oor meter,not by just turning the key. I have had cases of having good voltage at the battery but when a load was applied the voltage would dissapear,this was caused by a bad plate in the battery, did you try jumpers ?

yamahauler

Occupation
maints.
do have work lights. tide off kill switch to fuel pump hot wire to starter motor runs fine just will not move on power to key or release button to hy. pump to move. power from battery to starter good .have relay just above battery has four wires going to it two red. one from starter it hot outhers not.thanks for help

jwallace

Occupation
heavy equip op/mech
If I understand ou have it running but it will not move,If this is the case,it sounds like you could have a couple of things to look at. When you push the saftey or brake release do you hear any hydraulic flow, what I am refering to is a pilot hyd. flow this is the charge pressure that really tells the machine to work what function that is called for. if you have pilot pressure but no motor function, the drive coupling from the motor to hyd. pump may be gone. Cat skids are great for this.

TALLRICK

I had this same problem with a 773. It was simply a bad connection at the positive starter terminal. When troubleshooting electrical I use several tools, a multimeter, telecom tracer,and laser thermometer. Bad connections will measure a voltage drop, intermittent connections will get hot, and open wires can be found with the telecom tone tracer. Generally I can find any wiring fault in less than 1 hour.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
do have work lights. tide off kill switch to fuel pump hot wire to starter motor runs fine just will not move on power to key or release button to hy. pump to move. power from battery to starter good .have relay just above battery has four wires going to it two red. one from starter it hot outhers not.thanks for help

Did you get this problem sorted?

If I understand correctly you have managed to hotwire it and get it running but it wont function / move as the switch / key thinks it is turned off !

IF this is correct then follow the advise in the previous post. There is a bad contact in your switch / starter / battery circuit :IMO

yamahauler

Occupation
maints.
fount bad fuse looks good tested bad But now will start with key but will not move interlock does not have power

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
fount bad fuse looks good tested bad But now will start with key but will not move interlock does not have power

Glad you found one problem, you are not the first to be fooled by a fuse that looks good but isnt :Banghead

Sorry, but you have about got to the limit of my experience with this. Only other thing I can suggest is to make sure the safety bar / lock out is working properly. You have to ask yourself what blew the fuse in the first place.
Hopefully someone with more experience will chip in with some ideas.

When your sitting in machine,look behind your right shoulder at BICS panel.Do you have green lights ?? .There may be a blown fuse for the interlock solenoid.The solenoid is located under the ROPS (Roll Cage ).Mounted to the chain case .

Bible says,
Power Indicator light does not come on ; Solution 1,2,3,6
1. check that ignition switch ON
2.Check BICS 10 amp. fuse
3. Check wiring and connections.Make sure the connector is securely connected to the controller.Remove controller and pull on connector to check.
6.Check wire connections to make sure connectors are locked into place.:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead

yamahauler

Occupation
maints.
fount it connector on bics had white stuff on it clean it with brush and started right up" thanks for the help"

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Bible says,
Power Indicator light does not come on ; Solution 1,2,3,6
1. check that ignition switch ON
2.Check BICS 10 amp. fuse
3. Check wiring and connections.Make sure the connector is securely connected to the controller.Remove controller and pull on connector to check.
6.Check wire connections to make sure connectors are locked into place.

Nice info :thumbsup well done.

fount it connector on bics had white stuff on it clean it with brush and started right up" thanks for the help"

Congratulations and thanks for the update its always nice to know when and what the cure was. :drinkup

yamahauler , THANKS
Very glad to have helped, great to be on the other side after all the help I've gotten here.
AtlasRob,many thanks to you as well . Jerry L.