• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu d575a vs L 2350 loader (sumo match)

Chris5500

Occupation
Plant Mechanic
I,m gunna go a little off topic too with the ground pressure thing but i was having a discussion one day about large diggers sitting up on benches and someone chimed in saying no way an RH400 if it was made as a digger could sit up on a bench, it would be to heavy and while on paper it would be say a 1000 ton machine the ultimat footprint via shoe width would determine its ground pressure and i am sure it could be made to be around the same as any large digger 996,5500 etc.

Mind you would be a ride and a half walking her up the bench, done it in a PC5500 enough times and you have to have your wits about you.

I too have also heard that O&K were not confident with an RH400 backhoe due to the fact they didnt think a bench would be capable of supporting it, though I do believe in what your saying about ground pressure and fitting her with some clown shoes.

Unfortunatley I cant say I have ever climbed a bench in a 5500 but I sure as hell would love too, just thinking about it puts a smile on my face :eek:

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
saw a Cat 992B & D9H with a rope between them the D9 had no show

The 9 driver obviously forgot to put the handbrake on ( Kelly ) :D

:eek:fftopic I was struggling to get out of a dried up PFA ( pulverised fuel ash ) logoon with a Case 988 duck that I had gone a bit too far with when a tracked 20t 360 exc came down to pull me out. I just laughed but the foreman and driver were adamant that if we locked buckets he would have me out in a second.
We locked buckets and I pulled him right in until I ran out of dipper movement :D he had no GRIP on the slippery surface.

Last edited: