• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu d155ax 6

Waldner

Helloo , I was wonder if anyone has worked on one off those machines , reason I ask is I was wonder what kind off engine is in it , also could anybody help me with some photo off the ECM and the engine ?

Thank you

DK88

Occupation
Field service tech.
It's a cummins engine but the komatsu name is a SAA6D140-3 and th ecm will be a cm2250, Google will have pictures.

coalrulz

Waldner,

The engine is a SAA6D140E-5 with a CM850 engine controller. The engine is a Komatsu designed and built engine, it does get a little confusing sometimes figuring out which engines are Komatsu designed versus Cummins designed. I attached a page from the engine shop manual showing a little about the ECM.

D155AX-6 ECM.jpg

Hydraumind

Are you sure that the SAA6D140 is cummins clone like we all know that 114 and 102 are C and B clone.
If it is a cummins clone which one should it be the K series and how many liters?

Waldner

Engine is a SAA6D140e-6 , and I was wonder if it has a cummins ECM (871)...? Cause it don't have a def fluit tank ! 2250 have def fluit!

DK88

Occupation
Field service tech.
Sorry, was going off memory.. Guess I was off..