• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 310d 1993 crawls forward, backward is fine.

MarcNH

Occupation
Engineer
Thanks for checking-in!

Not yet.
I have got everything cleaned-off, and ready for re-assembly. I was waiting for a set of gooder feeler gauges, and I have been struggling with my 2005 Jeep (the Hemi) for annual inspection. Some unanticipated metal work, and chasing down error codes. And my right shoulder really took a hit from taking the beast out/moving around.

I do have a bunch of pics to post re: the clutch plate condition anomalies and findings. Might be more appropriate for a separate thread, particularly from a weakling's point of view getting this done.

MarcNH

Occupation
Engineer
I was ready to get the whole thing together and painted, but I was thwarted by one bushing on the main cover (the cover that the charge pump mounts). There is one bushing (T101012) that just will not let me get the cover back on. I do not see a replacement in the rebuild kit, and had to order another one. Not sure what the heck happened to this one, though it is possible that I tried to remove it when I was taking everything apart (and assuming that it was part of the rebuild process). Thwarted again!

Does anyone happen to know if there is a gasket between the reverser and the torque converter? For the life of me, I cannot seem to find any mention of one in the genuine Parts Manual (either in the reverser section or the torque converter). There is also no mention of one in the service manual.

Richie0

Hey Marc, get it back in with the right bushing yet? I know how you feel, I ordered 2 rebuild kits for a cylinder for my machine and both were the same but didn't have the right wiper sucks to be in that spot.. If you are still looking I will see who i finally called for the right part.. Pretty sure they just did cylinders though..

MarcNH

Occupation
Engineer
Well somehow...I was able to get this beast back into the machine. With a destroyed right shoulder, and little upper-body strength to begin with, I ended up using one of those tiny 2500 lb winches and a HF transmission jack to help.
Yesterday's Tractors had the bushing, which pressed right in neatly. Naturally the bushing that I believed was not included magically appeared when I cleaned the garage out, so I have a spare if anyone needs one!
Odder yet is that everything appears to be working. I will probably create a new thread with some notes/findings as I ended up doing a lot of repair work.I have some interesting pictures with the clutch plates, and a few lessons learned so someone does not make a few mistakes that I made.

I cannot say thanks enough to everyone here! It would not have been possible otherwise!