• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Inverted fuel filter housing

Dtbobcat

yes code 333 comes up and 335, mechanic said 335 common after hpop change, when cranking oil pressure comes up to 50 but tack only to about 500

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
So, let's get to basics . I don't know where you are in understanding theses HEUIs. They need 3 things to fire. #1 fuel, #2 high pressure oil, #3 a signal to fire.
Your lube oil fills a reservoir in the timing case which acts as a feed for the HPOP. The HPOP is simply a gear pump that takes low pressure high volume oil and converts it to high pressure low volume. That oil flow is controlled by the ICP regulator. The oil leaves the pump and fills the steel rail on the side of the head. The sensor on the rail tells the computer which controls the IPR valve. If, ... if the injector is not properly sealed, it could leak to the return oil. It only takes one bad seal to dump all your rail pressure.
You'll know when the rail is full because you'll hear that definite change in tone. I'm assuming fuel isn't an issue, you're not generating a low fuel pressure code.
Cam and crank are tricky. Sometimes you'll get a "bad correlation" code, sometimes one or the other will code, sometimes you won't get either. That's where a good code reader with live data is so helpful, so you can see the values that the computer sees.

Dtbobcat

Thanks for all help, hopefully mechanic can get it up and running tomorrow, what I'm afraid of the mechanic that did the injectors had left valve cover, turbo opening uncovered for a few days. I asked him why wasn't covered and his response was that he cleans it all out before putting back together. The first injectors he got were wrong so Sent back and apparently left openings not covered with towel, plastic etc.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Did he at least throw the valve cover over the top? A rag with a zip-tie over the intake would have been sufficient. Even 3rd world rebuilders that work in flop-flops take care not to let trash in an open engine.

Dtbobcat

Thanks, mechanic when he today off first time when he concluded my injectors were bad he said it was putting out 4000psi, could it be that high?

Dtbobcat

Truck up and running, turned out after putting hpop in a d no start found the new ipr harness crimps were not good. Thanks again for all insight and help