• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

I broke down and bought a "power luber"

attaboy

Battery Powered Grease Gun

I realize that the "Batteries" may be problematic, and I switched to the DeWalt 18 volt system about 3 years ago, as they have a very wide assortment of tools. I guess I have 10 or 12 now .. all using the same batteries. I had been itching to get their greaser for some time, and when Amazon dropped the price by another $40 bucks, I pulled the trigger :) Dewalt is wanting to schmooz us into their new 20 volt line-up .. ain't gonna happen for this boy. I have lots of 18 volt batteries, and Ya gotta luv the 42" line, especially for those hard to get to places. If you've got some DeWalt 18 volt stuff, perhaps take a look at the DeWalt .. http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCGG570B-18V-Cordless-Grease/dp/B00IYB0OIA The one caveate is .. the Spring is extremely strong. Cheers!

Old Junk Man

11143Hwy 90 West Pocahontas Arkansas 72455
Occupation
retired
Did you ever grease all the alemite fittings on a old cable Dozer? Man the sheaves on the front take a lot of hand pumping. I Bought my father in laws old air grease gun at his estate auction. He ran Texaco stations for decades Its one that uses a 5 gallon bucket of grease.. I mounted it on a push lawnmower chassis. That and a portable air compressor powered by a 5 hp gas engine makes greasing stuff a breeze. Also I install a alemite on the hand grease gun. I can fill the hand gun from the air machine. Things like ball joints that have a sealed rubber should never be greased except by hand. You place a finger on the rubber and when it starts to move you quit pumping. A power machine will rupture the seal and it will fail quicker than if you never greased it.

casecx700

A few months ago I bit the bullet and dropped $200 on a Milwaukie 12V Grease gun. It is a nice kit and when you have multiple pieces of equipment to grease when it is 100 degrees out you will wonder how you lived without it. The only thing I wish it came with is a 12 volt charger for the truck.

jw3

Occupation
Plumber
I run a lot of the 12 volt Milwaukee tools in my service truck. I bought a $20 power invertor , from Walmart, that plugs into my cigarette lighter socket. Just plug your 110 volt charger into the invertor. Problem solved