• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic fluid replacement and general maintenance EX60URG

Couto782

As a newbe owner of a Hitachi ex60urg midi excavator I will be replacing the Hydraulic fluid ,fuel ,air,and oil filters on this machine. My main concern is after draining all hydraulic fluid from reservoir tank and replacing it with new Hitachi hydraulic fluid should I be concerned in or are you required to bleed anything being I removed all fluid from reservoir tank and should there anything else I should be be doing to give the machine a good bill of health and myself piece of mind. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thankfully couto782

mikebramel

If you get an air lock you can crack both main lines coming form the pumps. Drain and fill the final drives. Fill the swing box. Make money

Profit

Will do thank you for the info

Refer to Operators Manual for procedure "bleeding the hydraulic pump" after refilling the hydraulic tank before restarting the engine after a drain of the tank. This is contained under "Change Hydraulic Oil."

Couto782

Bleeding hydros

Refer to Operators Manual for procedure "bleeding the hydraulic pump" after refilling the hydraulic tank before restarting the engine after a drain of the tank. This is contained under "Change Hydraulic Oil."

The problem I'm having is finding a hitachi ex60 urg manual. It's making things a lot tougher to try to figure out considering it's all new to me. To many unknown factors without manual. You wouldn't miraculously happen to have one for my machine or know of anyone with one it would make life so much easier. Thank you for info very appreciated

Profit

The problem I'm having is finding a hitachi ex60 urg manual. It's making things a lot tougher to try to figure out considering it's all new to me. To many unknown factors without manual. You wouldn't miraculously happen to have one for my machine or know of anyone with one it would make life so much easier. Thank you for info very appreciated

Can't help with the manual but as I said in another post to you, is probably basically the same machine as an early John Deere 60 Excavator also buolt by Hitachi, you could use hat book if you use serial numbers. Look on EBay and a Hitachi or a John Deere dealer should be able to help you out.