• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

hitachi EX60 repair manual selection

Digger99

Hi Aiden

Could you please send me a copy of the hitachi ex60urg manual you have on cd i cant find this anywhere. You can email to

capeclear99@hotmail dot com

Thanks in advance

Flemings_Equip

EX60 G Water pump

I have an EX-60 and I bought the books about 8 years ago. I havent really needed to get into them for any serious repair stuff so I not 100% pos. that they are the correct books for my machine. But if there is something that I could look up for either of you guys that might verify that I have the correct books for your machine I'd be happy to try to help. I'm not sure if I have the computer skills to scan and send any pages to you, but would be happy to try. I have the service man. that might be KM-099-00 (printed on the front) and it is 2 books, the parts catalog (2) one says for EX-60 (p/n P107-E1-6)and aparently for ser. No. 10001~, and the other says for a EX-60-G (p/n P10F-2-1) and on the cover it says ser. No. 00101~ . Not sure why I have 2 parts catalog books, they may have come as a pair. I had to order them.

Would you happen to still have the EX60 G book? I am in a desperate search for a water pump part number! Thanks!

archibaldtuttle

engine not in manual

Would you happen to still have the EX60 G book? I am in a desperate search for a water pump part number! Thanks!

the engine isn't included or any parts, even consumables like filters in the hitachi manuals. you have to chase engine breakdown, depending on model , if it is URG (i.e. zero tail swing) it is Isuzu but can't remember model number off the top of my head and I'm on vaca so I don't have access to hard copy stuff where I have it written down, but if you google around to some EX-60 threads with isuzu in them you should get the engine model pretty quick..

I think it is not just different model but different manufacturer of engine if you have the standard tail machine.

Brian

archibaldtuttle

Found an old promotional pdf. no parsts breakdown but it he EX60 SRG (standard radius) mounted a Nissan FD3304 so you're right on the Nissan. I thought that is what I remembered but I didn't want to send you in the wrong direction. hope the engine number helps.

BTW EX60 URG (urban radius) mounts an Isuzu 4JB1

brian

archibaldtuttle

ebay manual seller

The EX60G has a Nissan engine. I have searched google and come up with nothing :( thank you for your reply!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nissan-FD3304-/261153262797

i'd ask if he could deliver as .pdf. since it seems like the mail takes forever. seems like he is selling xerox of original anyway. not sure of year or how the engine changed over time to ascertain what range of years would cover yours.

brian

Flemings_Equip

I have an EX-60 and I bought the books about 8 years ago. I havent really needed to get into them for any serious repair stuff so I not 100% pos. that they are the correct books for my machine. But if there is something that I could look up for either of you guys that might verify that I have the correct books for your machine I'd be happy to try to help. I'm not sure if I have the computer skills to scan and send any pages to you, but would be happy to try. I have the service man. that might be KM-099-00 (printed on the front) and it is 2 books, the parts catalog (2) one says for EX-60 (p/n P107-E1-6)and aparently for ser. No. 10001~, and the other says for a EX-60-G (p/n P10F-2-1) and on the cover it says ser. No. 00101~ . Not sure why I have 2 parts catalog books, they may have come as a pair. I had to order them.
Would you be able to tell me what kind of engine is in the EX60G, I know it's Nissan but is it a BD or an FD? Do you have the manual in digital? My email is flemingsequipment at shaw dot ca I'd appreciate any help you can give!

Couto884

Ex60urg manual

I have parts catalog for EX60UR/URG from serial number 001001-
Please check you email.

Could someone please email me the owners manual for the hitachi ex60urg? My email is [email protected]. I just bought this machine and it's my first machine and could use any help I can get. Manuals would be a great help.
Yours truly rookie operator

KellyWagner

Occupation
Health
I have a Deere 70d same machine as yours. I just did the swing gear box seals on mine as it was leaking gear oil in the tub. Water was getting in the box through a crappy dip stick design. Not a bad job. I suggest if you dont have lifting equipment to un do the bolts holding the slew gear box to the cab. You have to remove the rear hose from the rotary manifold (pain in the ass). The rest of it is obvious except a hose going to the hydro motor on the cab side I almost missed that one. Anyway unbolt it then rock it loose. At that point 300 pounds straight up or you can take the hydro motor off of the box by un doing the bolts then lifting it out by hand and then the two gear races off the swing box. Then a chunk of rope through thru the bolt holes on the box and out she comes. You will need a press to get seals out. Part numbers available from jd web site for a 70d. Seal not too expensive. Bearings Deere was going to ream me on but I got the Koyo numbers and Googled them up got em for under 300 delivered fast could get them for less if I waited.

Put box back by hand then gears the hydro motor. Putting rear hose on rotary manifold takes a long time but otherwise not bad. Expect to turn the part with the seal mating surface on a lathe. Before pressing bearings check for snap rings. Hope this helps not too bad a job. To get the oil and crap out of the turn table drop the little plate by the rotary joint underneath the machine mine had water and crap. Expect 8 plus gallons. Put lots of new grease in the tub while gear box is out I didnt and cursed putting it through the little access hole up front..

Let me know I am all thumbs and have a machinest brother. This will cost you about 500 for both bearings if needed and seals. Then leave a soup can over th e dip stick to keep water out or you will do this again the drain is not low enough to get ghe water out.

Last edited:

KellyWagner

Occupation
Health
To tighten the tracks hit the grease *** in the hole in the middle of the rock guards. Deere says to lift the machine and check sag. I belive it was 11 inches for rock 7 inches for softer soils. Do not over tighten you will wear it out fast.

My deere book lists deere engine part numbers so no good there for your water pump.

Couto782

Hello CPS sorry to bother you. Any possibility you might still have the ex60urg manual I to am having a very difficult time trying to find this. It would be very much appreciated and I would be willing to purchase a copy of the cd from you if at all possible please and thank you

Profit

Hello CPS sorry to bother you. Any possibility you might still have the ex60urg manual I to am having a very difficult time trying to find this. It would be very much appreciated and I would be willing to purchase a copy of the cd from you if at all possible please and thank you

Not for nothing Couto but I juat went on ebay and they have a ton of EX60 Service manuals ect. Email the sellers and ask questions. If you dont:duh:duh want to spend money for manuals better get rid of that digger now cause all they do is cost money, get used to it. :duh

Couto884

Ex60urg manual

Not for nothing Couto but I juat went on ebay and they have a ton of EX60 Service manuals ect. Email the sellers and ask questions. If you dont:duh:duh want to spend money for manuals better get rid of that digger now cause all they do is cost money, get used to it. :duh

Purchasing the manuals is not the problem as I have already purchased the parts manual from Ebay. The problem is that the ex60 and the ex60urg are different and I am willing to purchase the manuals but just can't find the right one. The engines in the urg is a Isuzu and the others are Nissan. Also the urg was the first zero turn as the others have the tail end that stick out past the track. I have read that the ex60-1 is very similar but is still a little different. Thus why I have been asking around if someone has the URG manuals

riland

Purchasing the manuals is not the problem as I have already purchased the parts manual from Ebay. The problem is that the ex60 and the ex60urg are different and I am willing to purchase the manuals but just can't find the right one. The engines in the urg is a Isuzu and the others are Nissan. Also the urg was the first zero turn as the others have the tail end that stick out past the track. I have read that the ex60-1 is very similar but is still a little different. Thus why I have been asking around if someone has the URG manuals

Hi. I have only parts catalog for EX60URG
See title
Workshop - now not available.

Attachments

• EX60UR-URG Parts catalog.jpg
    EX60UR-URG Parts catalog.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 557

Profit

Manuals

Couto I looked at your problem a bit closer today because I had some extra time and I see what you are up against. I probably read every post you have already read and pushed every button on this keyboard to try to track down a Repair Manual specific to your EX60URG and have come to the conclusion myself that unless you get extremely lucky and find someone that somehow posesses one of these, which seems unlikely, your only other sources would be a Hitachi or John Deere Dealer or direct contact with Hitachi Worldwide and implore them to try to help you out. One other that would probably be farfetched but possible, would be a Hitachi dealer in Japan. Perhaps any one of them would be able to tell you if you might be able to use another model machine tech manual for reference to repair procedures. You may still run into problems with obtaining parts that may be peculiar to that model machine. My understanding is that the URG was built only for the Japanese domestic market and therefore there are no English version manuals available if in fact there are any at all. This does happen with Gray Market machinery as does other associated problems because they were never meant nor approved for distribution in the US and therefore are not required to have the same documentation nor specifications, another possible problem if you intend to use this in a business scenario. My understanding is that the engine used in these machines was an Isuzu 4JB1 engine which is still currently avaiable and information readily available on the internet and from Isuzu dealers. You can tell if this is correct by looking for a tag on the engine which would give at the least an engine model and serial number. Myself being relatively experienced with machinery, I would not be afraid to attempt the repair without a service manual being that you have a parts manual. Just go slow and be careful, observing general safety precautions utilized when working on machinery and hydraulics and using the parts manual as a reference. If you run into a problem or are unsure of some thing post on the forum and I'm sure someone can help. Good luck to you.
Jimmie :professor

Blanky

Hello to all I'm a new owner of a EX60SS, so trying to learn gather and understand all I can about this new toy. I learned that I need to determine which sub model it is, no luck so for and I started post with all my information and like others looking for the correct manual to assist me in the maintenance and servicing needs as well. Any assistance will be much appreciated, thank you.

Profit

Sub Model

Hello to all I'm a new owner of a EX60SS, so trying to learn gather and understand all I can about this new toy. I learned that I need to determine which sub model it is, no luck so for and I started post with all my information and like others looking for the correct manual to assist me in the maintenance and servicing needs as well. Any assistance will be much appreciated, thank you.

First way to identify is by a manufactured tag that is usually affixed somewhere on the cab or turntable. Second would be to look for a number/letter combination which translates into a model/serial number, stamped into the framework of the house. Thirdly would be to visually compare to other similar EX60's and make a conclusion. Whatever it works out to be you will have to do your homework as these machines were built one at a time and may differ by serial number. A big help would be a parts manual as it generally reveals number locations and some model differences. Good luck. :my2c