• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fiat 70CI. Repairs, modifications and stories.

ianoz

OK , Thanks Mate . First things first , Got to get it off the motor .My young bloke is starting to eye off the sledge hammer:cussing

Jeembawb

OK , Thanks Mate . First things first , Got to get it off the motor .My young bloke is starting to eye off the sledge hammer:cussing

Pretty sure the clout will work - maybe a mild steel drift in between will enable the impact to go only on the flange of the water pump without damaging other hard to get bits. Don't hit the front but - mine was a bit bashed up in that area and had to remake a sleeve for the bearing & seal.

ianoz

Operation was a sucess , but the patient died . Broke the housing where it fits into the block .Pump came out leaving the impellor behind .
Bugger .

Jeembawb

Operation was a sucess , but the patient died . Broke the housing where it fits into the block .Pump came out leaving the impellor behind .
Bugger .

Time for a quiet reflective beer I think Ian. Bugger. There's always a plan B. Did you get everything out of the block ok & see the reason for so much "sticktion"?

ianoz

Rust . Normal Cockies tractor . Talked with South Burrnett . And it appears that it is the early pump .They have a late model pump in stock , but not an early one . Bugger

Jeembawb

Rust . Normal Cockies tractor . Talked with South Burrnett . And it appears that it is the early pump .They have a late model pump in stock , but not an early one . Bugger

Not 100% sure about being able to fit a late one in place of an old one (Andrew would know I would say), but looking at the page out of the manual (have a look at post 38 on page 3 of this thread if you don't have a manual) - it seems to show the main difference being in the front seal/bearing area with a different pulley and a note in the disassembly section that you have to remove the radiator for the old style ones & I assume this is because the nose of the waterpump may stick out more. Worth checking it out if you haven't already??

Garrie Denny

Occupation
see above
Ian, Garrie from Gin-Gin here, met you up the main street one day whe you had a dozer on the back, im thinking of selling my 70ci and if you or anyone else is interested give me a bell.

ianoz

Hi Garrie ,When we have this one up and running , the plan is to sell it .
The club will be runing a tractor rally towards the end of the year at Bullyard .If it suits and your home that weekend we may be able to catch up agaion .
When the rally gets closer i will see what your up to .

Garrie Denny

Occupation
see above
Another thing that intrigues me is if you are in forward 1st gear,stop and change to 2,or any other gear the doder is automatically going in reverse when you egage the clutch lever, any reason you know of for this ?

ianoz

Another thing that intrigues me is if you are in forward 1st gear,stop and change to 2,or any other gear the doder is automatically going in reverse when you egage the clutch lever, any reason you know of for this ?

That one sounds Interesting Garrie .Sounds like the forward /reverse lever is able to move too freely Can you see the lever move into reverse ?

Garrie Denny

Occupation
see above
Hi Ia yes , Iwent for a new hydraulic pump for the TE20 and is workig well now I got a DVD on changing it over and was a real god-send, Re the reverse lever movement, I dont actually know about that, but if you change gear again it goes back to forward,stop and change again back to reverse, mabye ive got the only Italian semi auto in Australia, YeEEEEE..HAAAA, Im rich.

ianoz

Next time you have it running ,Maybe stick your foot on the lever to make sure it stays put .
If it still does it . I am sure it will have quite a few here scratching their heads .

Jeembawb

New Arrival - Fiat 451c

Ok, so first - do the deal & get it home - done. So what's next? Pull it completely to bits & clean it - right?? :Cowboy

Attachments

• Mackay-20121204-00466.jpg
    Mackay-20121204-00466.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 970
  • Mackay-20121204-00463.jpg
    Mackay-20121204-00463.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 1,985
  • Mackay-20121204-00465.jpg
    Mackay-20121204-00465.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 1,536

Jeembawb

451c Dismantling

Ok - so you pull everything apart & spread it round right? Then you douse it with caustic degreaser & hope you can get the waterblaster going before all the alloy disappears under all the bubbles. Then you make a shopping list: Hydraulics (hoses, pipes, fittings, control bank), Main clutch gear (plates, bearings etc), & a couple of gaskets & hoses will get the ball rolling.

Attachments

• 4-Clutch1.jpg
    4-Clutch1.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 899
  • 1-CFrameOff.jpg
    1-CFrameOff.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 934
  • 2-NoseOff.jpg
    2-NoseOff.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 897
  • 3-AllClean.jpg
    3-AllClean.jpg