• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Excavator versus Crawler (Bulldozer) Pros & Cons

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I would feel the same way. The machine should be PDI'ed with everything to spec upon arrival to the buyers location. Somethings slip by, but the dealer should step up and correct it without trying to redirect blame. I would be concerned about his attitude moving forward. If he can't own an incorrect PDI, you could be in for a fight if you ever need him to cover something under warranty.

Allan M

Occupation
Semi-retired: Strategic planner/author
I would feel the same way. The machine should be PDI'ed with everything to spec upon arrival to the buyers location. Somethings slip by, but the dealer should step up and correct it without trying to redirect blame. I would be concerned about his attitude moving forward. If he can't own an incorrect PDI, you could be in for a fight if you ever need him to cover something under warranty.
Agree and something I should keep in mind. The dealer does have a good reputation for standing tall. And, the salesman was all over this situation. He knows I'm in the market for more products like a larger flail mower and grapple. If I encounter problems I also have a second Kubota dealer about the same distance away that also has a good reputation. Appreciate the thought.