• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Excavator movie thread

Festivephone

Just curious Festivephone, your employer requires you to wear your brain bucket while in the cab? Here in the US, they frown upon us when we're out of the cab and lidless but generally don't require us to wear one when in.

Im not required to wear the hard hat in the cab but just put in on because i dont like the camera full on in my face. It sort of hides me a little. I have heard some people say i should wear a hat in the cab but if anything is big and fast enough to get through the cab then a hard hat is not going to stop it either!

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
Just curious Festivephone, your employer requires you to wear your brain bucket while in the cab? Here in the US, they frown upon us when we're out of the cab and lidless but generally don't require us to wear one when in.

Depends on the company and the situation. Where I work, hard hats are 100% mandatory, I'm a little rusty with MSHA guidelines, but I'm pretty sure quarry/mine require them too.

SeaMac

Occupation
Operator
I worked on an Army Corps project where OSHA and the Corps had field offices in our compound, if caught outside the machines lidless you'd definitely get an earful the first time, wrote-up the second and fined the third. They never said a word when in the machine. I know one of their biggest peeves were the guys who wore lids with the suspension put in backwards - meaning the brim to the rear. Apparently there's a fine for that as well.
Depends on the company and the situation. Where I work, hard hats are 100% mandatory, I'm a little rusty with MSHA guidelines, but I'm pretty sure quarry/mine require them too.

SeaMac

Occupation
Operator
Robin,

It's like those who wear sunglasses inside or at night or wear their ball caps to the side, they think they look cool. Mostly though they look like fools. IMHO!
I always said guys who wear a baseball hat or hardhat back to front really need to read the instructions which come provided :IMO

robin yates uk

Robin,

It's like those who wear sunglasses inside or at night or wear their ball caps to the side, they think they look cool. Mostly though they look like fools. IMHO!

thank god! Two of us agree,,,,,,, and guys who walk round with their boot laces undone,,,,,,guess they must be lazy(or stoopid)

pp13bnos

I recently started building a pond. This is just the first video. Should be a couple more over the course of the next week or so.

http://youtu.be/Iyb45iNUJrY

Edit, if you have the connection speed, watching it in HD is 100x better. :D

pp13bnos

What happens is the door won't shut all the way when dirt builds up on it, so the air latch won't grab it. Hehe, happened alot more that once!

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
thats bad ass- be cool to see part three, how are you gonna fill it? your dog running around while you work is funny, what kind is he
/

pp13bnos

Combined with a high water table, and oregons awesome 9 months of rain it should fill up. If its still a little low next spring, I have a 700gpm irrigation well. In the vids, you can't really tell, but I already have water trickling in.

The dog is pretty funny, when the wifey comes out he "protects" her from the bucket. He's a blacklab and boarder collie. He's a pretty darn good dog. :)

buckfever

Two questions. One, why are you loading the truck up top? Is there a reason not to ramp down in and load the truck from the bottom? Second, why are you using a smooth bucket? When I have used one they where a real pain to try and dig into any virgin dirt.