• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Emergency : Truck Differential Problem

Ma_earthmover

This image here says the pinion bearing was being thrust forward against the inner case. That tells me someone may have been spinning wheels and caught traction which could have/ would have grenaded the pocket bearing throwing the pinion forward.
Thank u sir , but what do u mean by "caught traction" I mean how could spinning wheels cause damage ?

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
It's not the spinning, it's the sudden stop. Rotating mass, diveshafts, crown wheels, differential assemblies. All that weight spinning fiercely then something catches traction somewhere. All that energy has to go somewhere.

Ma_earthmover

It's not the spinning, it's the sudden stop. Rotating mass, diveshafts, crown wheels, differential assemblies. All that weight spinning fiercely then something catches traction somewhere. All that energy has to go somewhere.
So its both spinning and sundden stop that could cause the problem

Ma_earthmover

BTW he told me no greasing cuz he have this problem on the pictue, truck always come to this area that is always filled with water , his excuse is that water remove grease as the truck is always like this in immersed in water ,But I feel in my gut this is also a root to the differential problem I just dont know how to prove it
WhatsApp Image 2022-03-31 at 22.16.12.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-03-31 at 22.16.13.jpeg

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
I agree with the statements above. I / we can't talk you through failure analysis on a dealer level without being in front of it. I think your best option is to reach out to Sany's tech support team and ask for assistance.

Ma_earthmover

I agree with the statements above. I / we can't talk you through failure analysis on a dealer level without being in front of it. I think your best option is to reach out to Sany's tech support team and ask for assistance.
Welll this tough part , SANY only told me customer fault and thats it , and my Boss told we shouldnt lose customer he must understand thats his fault and not our , the"he must undestand" is the main problem cuz the customer is always asking "WHY THE BOLTS WERE LOOSE " he is still saying design flaw , and I still cannot prove how they were loose. its like a police detective job haha u got someone lying u gotta find a way so he can see that we know the the logical truth as for Sany they didnt give much help

Ma_earthmover

But I do know that they dont have a good Driver so I guess I will just tell that the driver could have changed the gears in a very bad way or maybe the spinnning and sudden brake ... Things like that what do u think ?

Ma_earthmover

In fact I have a theory I want u to know if u agree with me , the customer did not change the differential oil in time , of course this could have damaged bearings thus this picture and this finnaly caused vibration that caused the bolts to loose and oil leakage what do u think about that ?
WhatsApp Image 2022-03-31 at 11.28.54.jpeg

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
First, I would ask Sany, "why did the bolts come loose?" Then I would calmly explain to the customer, we went to negotiations with Sany for you, they are denying warranty. It's up to your employer if they want to step up and contribute towards a replacement. Good luck

Ma_earthmover

First, I would ask Sany, "why did the bolts come loose?" Then I would calmly explain to the customer, we went to negotiations with Sany for you, they are denying warranty. It's up to your employer if they want to step up and contribute towards a replacement. Good luck
Well SANY they just say vibration and thats it they said its a commun thing to happpen which is a very bad answer saying it like that , no logical arguments just a theory summarized in one small phrase

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
All I can say is that to me it has a couple reasons for it getting this bad. It comes down to the old question of "Which came first? The chicken or the egg!"

In other words: Did the lack of maintenance cause the bearing failure and that cause the vibration that loosened the bolts/nuts causing the leak? Or did a combination of driver abuse damage a bearing and the operator not being aware of what was happening allow it to get this bad?

Hard for me to believe that even in the wet and muddy conditions this truck works that someone doing a basic walk around inspection could not have seen there was a leak from those loose bolts.

Ma_earthmover

All I can say is that to me it has a couple reasons for it getting this bad. It comes down to the old question of "Which came first? The chicken or the egg!"

In other words: Did the lack of maintenance cause the bearing failure and that cause the vibration that loosened the bolts/nuts causing the leak? Or did a combination of driver abuse damage a bearing and the operator not being aware of what was happening allow it to get this bad?

Hard for me to believe that even in the wet and muddy conditions this truck works that someone doing a basic walk around inspection could not have seen there was a leak from those loose bolts.
Well I will give both reasons cuz either way are customer's fault

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Well I will give both reasons cuz either way are customer's fault
I guessing operators can be the same all over the world.

Over the years I have know more than a few who I swear you could lock in a padded cell buck naked with an anvil and by the time you let them out in the morning all that would be left is a pile of iron dust in the middle of the floor!

And the guy he worked for that you sold the anvil to would want it replaced under warranty!